Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

I am looking for other victims who have been defrauded by a particular “cycle tour operator” who takes money from his victims on the premise that he will be taking them on a cycling tour. He then repeatedly cancels the trips, makes excuses and refuses to refund moneys by ducking and diving. We were defrauded by this individual and have laid criminal charges of fraud.

I am aware that there are several others who have been defrauded in a similar way and have posted their frustrations on a number of different cycling groups.

His modus operandi is similar in most cases

I am already in contact with some of you and would request that any others who have been defrauded in the same way to email me on denise@runlife.co.za. 

In the public interest, my attorney has offered to assist other victims on a pro bono basis with preparation of the affidavits necessary to lay their own charges.

Help me bring him to book please.

Thanks

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same operator who pops up on PEMBI every now and then? If so, was wondering how long it would last before someone got "gatvol" enough to take it further. It doesn't make for good reading...

Is this the guy that left a tour group in the middle of nowhere, because he needed some family time or something?

28 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Said tour operator used to post a lot of tours here. 

You will definitely get some leads. 

Was it those trips to Botswana and other locations, sold as Specials in the 2nd-half of 2020?

11 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

Is this the guy that left a tour group in the middle of nowhere, because he needed some family time or something?

yes

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Was it those trips to Botswana and other locations, sold as Specials in the 2nd-half of 2020?

yes

2 minutes ago, Kranswurm said:

yes

At best, those looked very opportunistic to me.

Hope the guy is held accountable by the authorities.

Best of luck peeps.

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

At best, those looked very opportunistic to me.

Hope the guy is held accountable by the authorities.

Best of luck peeps.

He almost caught me. A quick google got me to the whole thread on 4x4 forums about the group being left in the middle of nowhere while the boss man went to go fetch more firewood. 

He never returned and just sent them a sorry text .

2 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

He almost caught me. A quick google got me to the whole thread on 4x4 forums about the group being left in the middle of nowhere while the boss man went to go fetch more firewood. 

WTF?!

I'll go look for that story, sounds insane!

10 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I was about to ask if this is the same guy. Sounds impossible but it actually happened - I was very active on the 4x4 community at the time of that incident. I remember it vividly, but was luckily not part of the party.