Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

2 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I don't think OP wants to disclose who this person is due to some legalities perhaps? 

If everyone else knows who it is and the story behind it, well then it's no secret.

Might as well a look for a plot in a Lana Rhoades film then.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rolf Hansen said:

I was about to ask if this is the same guy. Sounds impossible but it actually happened - I was very active on the 4x4 community at the time of that incident. I remember it vividly, but was luckily not part of the party.

Leaving 12 people and 5 vehicles in the middle of nowhere. Worst part is the trip was supposed to be all inclusive and catered. Imagine being one of 12 people and dinner consisted of clubbing together all the snacks that everyone packed. 

As has previously been said, said perp was very active on this forum last year, not only promoting said tours but also in the classifieds as well. Hope that justice is served and that the only tour that he will be promoting is from one jail cell to the next

Wow, reading those accounts on 4x4 community is very disheartening.

@DeniseD, have you thought of reaching out to those 4x4community members to get their inputs to make the case even stronger by form of an affidavit?

11 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Wow, reading those accounts on 4x4 community is very disheartening.

@DeniseD, have you thought of reaching out to those 4x4community members to get their inputs to make the case even stronger by form of an affidavit?

Yes, thank you. We are reaching out on numerous platforms at the moment.

2 minutes ago, DeniseD said:

Fantastic.

Best of luck.

Reading all the accounts over the various platforms is disheartening to say the least.

May he finally pay his dues.

@Mattand @Nick, would it make sense to look into his account (T_Boss) and provisionally freeze his ability to post adverts until the legal issues have been dealt with? We are trying to protect a community here, that is all.

22 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Leaving 12 people and 5 vehicles in the middle of nowhere. Worst part is the trip was supposed to be all inclusive and catered. Imagine being one of 12 people and dinner consisted of clubbing together all the snacks that everyone packed. 

Sometimes people do the strangest things when a) they panic or b)their mind justifies the action.

An example of b) is the guy who after climbing Mt Kenya I think it was and reaching the summit took the tin which was kept on the summit in which you recorded your achievement

I believe this one was panic

Sounds like exactly the opposite kind of person you want as a leader

21 minutes ago, DeniseD said:

He is here, Reading these comments and this thread but has nothing to say. Or will he pop up with another "everyone makes bad decisions bla bla bla BS response"

I'm sorry but after reading all the comments, it seems he does what he does knowing full well what his intentions are and the jumps on the high horse and please forgive me wagon and tries to be all politically correct when he knew all along what he was doing and why he was doing it!! And then he comes on Bikehub, reads the thread and goes on his merry way, Or is he going to think again of another politically correct please feel sorry for me response?? Dirt Bag

52 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Yip, that is the original issue many people here are referring to. 

Since 2013 .... and still the pattern repeats again and again ....

1 hour ago, MudLark said:

and from that thread

On 6/25/2020 at 1:18 PM, T_Boss said:

Hi Mudlark. Yes, That was me. A very unfortuante incident that I had hoped to have put behind me. 

It was a long time ago, and there was a serious of bad choices that lead up to that moment. I assure you lessons were also learnt. 

Everyone directly involved and affected by that incident was re-imbursed in full, a long time ago too.

I hope that this response is seen as sufficient, and it will be the last I saw about this in an open forum. If you are or were directly affected by this back then, and feel that you are still owed anything please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this further.

so what was the plan, build up a touring business with a few tours at cheap rates - then on the back of that, sell a bucketload of future tours and just turn the email off and get a new phone number? That's not a really well thought out plan

Just a quick question (this may not be a good idea to ask) but I assure you that I am on your side ????. With our fantastic country being in the state it currently is in, what do you believe the outcome of a case against him would be? I mean at the end of the day the lawyers are the only people who will benefit. 

But good luck, hopefully he gets a PK during the process.