Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

4 hours ago, DeniseD said:

I posted a while back about an individual active in our cycling circles who is defrauding people by taking money for trips away, then cancelling or making excuses and thereafter promising refunds which never happen. My attorney has confirmed that such conduct satisfies all the elements of the criminal offence of fraud. A fraud charge has been laid against him and we may also approach the Special Commercial Crimes Unit as his conduct appears quite widespread.

I would like to say a big thank you for the overwhelming response to my last post. I have put together a long list of complainants whose details are being shared with the SAPS. If there are others out there who wish to lay their own criminal charges against this operator, my attorney has offered her assistance on a pro bono basis to guide you in the process. If it’s happened to you, you will know who I am referring to.

I am aware that there were individuals, just like myself, who were promised refunds by 24 June 2021. Unsurprisingly, those payments never happened. If there are more of you out there, please let me know and I will be happy to add you to the growing list of witnesses. From the information I have, it appears clear that this modus operandi has been going on for years now under different business names and astonishingly, it is STILL ongoing.

He is still taking bookings, still taking money and still defrauding.

I too was made the promise to be paid by the 24th, via an Acknowledment of Debt letter, suffice to say no such payment has been made. I mailed the culprit, to which he responded by offering me a credit for furture events that he is planning. I have since rsponded informing him that should he not make payment by 30th June, I will take legal action against him.

Edited by CraigCCW

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, CraigCCW said:

I too was made the promise to be paid by the 24th, via an Acknowledment of Debt letter, suffice to say no such payment has been made. I mailed the culprit, to which he responded by offering me a credit for furture events that he is planning. I have since rsponded informing him that should he not make payment by 30th June, I will take legal action against him.

Good luck, Craig! I'll be happy to contribute a statement to your inevitable legal case against him when he doesn't make payment.

49 minutes ago, CraigCCW said:

I have had my cancelled trip to the Kalagadi Pans , transferred twice, still no trips, still no money back from Taun

And also he has no insurance, ask those people whose bikes fell off, while he was driving...

Edited by Comrade J

Hi all. Just a heads up.

Tuan has been known to use multiple accounts on Forums(not really surprising) 

Just be vigilant whether looking at tours and holiday packages. 

@Nick @Matt, I am sure you guys have the necessary tools to look out for such actions. 

Thanks 

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php/344188-Wood-fetching-Leopard-doesn-t-change-his-spots?p=4672022#post4672022

Rather comical receiving an invoice from this clown as I never even entered for this event. Where he got my details is the question.

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 11.38.18.png

6 minutes ago, xamnam said:

Rather comical receiving an invoice from this clown as I never even entered for this event. Where he got my details is the question.

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 11.38.18.png

He doesn't even write his own name with a capital letter.

And another one - this chap is obviously very desperate for cash - must be feeling the heat

1788289800_Screenshot2021-07-01at11_52_29.png.f3557a662077555a11a0b1f388fc7eef.png

Edited by Matt
Removed private info

1 hour ago, xamnam said:

And another one - this chap is obviously very desperate for cash - must be feeling the heat

Scavenging for lawyer fees.....

53 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

See the signature/invoice details claim to be a Pty. Should be easy enough to verify. 

My thoughts exactly. And it checks out on CIPC. 

Couple of things:

-He is sole director, so should be simple enough to put the ball in motion to prevent him from ever being director again. 

-physical address is available for anyone to find with an Internet connection. 

Edited by Vetplant
Edited under legal advise

1 minute ago, BaGearA said:

Cant we call absa and have that account frozen for fraud ?

This. I believe you just need a case number from le'police to log a fraud case with the bank.

26 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Cant we call absa and have that account frozen for fraud ?

In my case, ABSA was not interested.

Investec told me they have sent in three request to ABSA for fraud on this account, other lady that was scammed worked in Nedbank legal and even she was unsuccessful in ABSA to freeze the account. ABSA kept their story, our client is in good standing.

The SAPS investigator applied for a document, cant recall the number, to gain access to the account details. 

not sure if this thread has been linked here, but there's quite a bit of overlap.

On 5/4/2021 at 4:03 PM, Gavin Dudley Scott said:

Hi all. I won’t relay our issues with Taun ( too lengthy ) suffice to say I want to pursue a class action suite against him. Anyone interested in jumping on board please contact me directly on e mail address actionclass@mweb.co. za rather than on this forum. This corruption must stop now.

This story comes to mind. 

A crook might get away a couple of times because of someone's good grace and faith in humanity or on a technicality. 

But if you aren't careful, you will piss off the wrong people. 

Nowhere near the same amounts of money, but I think he is heading that way if he doesn't change tact. 

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cryptocurrency/404149-south-africas-bitcoin-brothers-stole-from-the-wrong-guy.html