Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

On 7/23/2021 at 1:07 PM, Shebeen said:

i see his next tour on hear is

https://adventurelogistics.co.za/shop/mountain-bike-tours/tonteldoos-beyond-20-23-aug-2021/

that's next month, - but it's "out of stock". I guess people are paying money to him still.

would be interesting to phone the accomodation up and see if anything is secured

Wonder if this one went ahead. seems like the liquidation order was the week before. so probably more people out of pocket.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like there is wood to be collected in stellenbosch!

seriously though, I'm prepared to give people second chances, but this guy used that up when he scammed cyclist with tours. just distributing to keep people in the are aware, names and details taken out but you get the drill

image.png

Edited by Shebeen

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

This chap is one oily fella. Seems like he is getting away from even the pro's. Or our justice system is FUBAR

FYI he was looking for accommodation in Stellenbosch area. Locals beware, he has probably moved into the next hustle.

• 2 weeks later...

He really has no shame and seems incompetent to conceive any other method of generating income. Probably a spoilt child whose parents always stepped in for him from a very young age whenever things didn't go his way, because 'ag shame, dit was nie sy skuld nie'. 

It irritates the crap out of me that his last known addresses are all within a 5min bike ride from my home, but let anyone just think of teaching him a lesson then suddenly the law is on his side and you end up taking stick. 

I detest these parasites in our society. 

#rantoff

Not saying this is the same person nor company nor any of that...

To quote @HenryS, I do recall that an event was posted some time ago of which I was suspicious (on which I commented - I'm fairly sure, but can't seem to find now), but can't recall if it was this account that posted the event.

image.png.5af842f3b088b90b73fc33068350023e.png

Also, there's this, but the URL is broken:

image.png.8fe760d9297ccc5c125a2d57bc856af1.png

Edited by Roul

On 7/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, xamnam said:

And another one - this chap is obviously very desperate for cash - must be feeling the heat

1788289800_Screenshot2021-07-01at11_52_29.png.f3557a662077555a11a0b1f388fc7eef.png

Just found this thread and started reading out of curiosity. Turns out I was scammed...flip.

"Adventure Solutions" advertised some really discounted tours back in October 2020. I bought two entries but then landed up selling my MTB not too long after. As such, I couldn't go on the tour anyway. I emailed them and they said no problem, they'll just credit my account for another tour. 

I only recently got another MTB and see that I still have their response email unread in my inbox. Thought of contacting them sometime to arrange a tour. Seems I would be wasting my time...lol.

Thankfully I didn't lose a lot, but still. Skelem!!

Surprise surprise, I'm also blocked from his Africranks FB Page.

Hey Toon, ek weet jy lees hierdie. Gaan kry vir jou 'n ordentlike werk. Jy het nou genoeg mense afgepis, jou tyd waar jy mense se geld vat en nie dienste lewer nie is verby. Dit het nou 'n critical mass bereik.

Ons gaan al jou ventures dophou en seker maak mense weet van jou streke.

image.png.648a72ff581c13081130b49437d625fc.png

Edited by Vetplant

Last year I was privileged to get a personal message from him. This was sad little attempt to scare me.

"Hi Grant. Hope this message finds you well. You seem to be very intent on continuously posting public warnings regarding Adventure Cycles. I don't recall ever doing any business with you, and cannot find your contact details on our database, but if somehow you have been wronged by either myself or my company, I welcome you to contact me and discuss this with me. you Can call me on 0632202895 or at the office on 0126820185. Alternatively please feel free to send me an email to taun@advnenturelogostics.co.za ."

"all those contact details are also publically avaialble, and Perhaps if you had some first hand information you might reconsider your stance. I won’t try to deny that there have been issues on our side, but there was never an intention to do anyone in. We simply lost too much revenue during the course of the extended lockdowns, and were not able to sustian the losses. To the best of my knowledge, we are in Contact with and communicating with all affected parties, to either accommodate them on alternative trips, or to arrange for refunds. We have a pretty fully booked summer season of tours, and look forward to turning the businesses cashflow around througout this period. However, post Like you continue to make are causing direct damage to our business, and will Only result in further losses for all involved. I again appeal to you to please reach out to us if somehow either myself of Adventure Cycles has wronged you in anyway, so we can adress this and find an amicable solution. However, if this is not the case, I humbly request that you refrain from calling out our business on public platforms. If you feel the need to continue with this, I will be forced to take remedial action, as there are direct financial and reputations losses resulting from your posts, and we cannot leave this unattended. I see you are based in Kathu, but if you are in Pretoria, please feel free to call me, and we can go for a coffee, and I will gladly answer any other questions you might have. Maybe we can even convince you to join us on an adventure sometime in the future."

I see the number in the message is exactly the same as on the new website. 

What pisses me off slightly is photos of myself on the new Africkranks website. Yes our tour went ahead in feb 2021. Yes we were probably lucky, but we never booked anything with africranks