Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

1 hour ago, Mike Mac said:

AOD then default, easy win in the small claims court. 

If he has the ability to pay, that is another issue, but at least you should be able to get a judgement against him.

Limit of R20k for small claims court. Divide per tour.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/22/2021 at 8:14 AM, Comrade J said:

Go to Tauns FB page https://www.facebook.com/AdventureSolutionsRSA

He must correct his FB page to read Bespoke scammer operator, with a focus on stealing your cash, but we offer solutions for all types of outdoor adventures

i see his next tour on hear is

https://adventurelogistics.co.za/shop/mountain-bike-tours/tonteldoos-beyond-20-23-aug-2021/

that's next month, - but it's "out of stock". I guess people are paying money to him still.

would be interesting to phone the accomodation up and see if anything is secured

4 x chalet accommodation evenings with all meals included @ R4235.00 per person ...... surely just the accommodation alone will eat up that entry fee.

I wonder if the first nights meal is a braai and he goes off to get the wood and food by himself? 

On 7/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Maybe drop GMBN a link to the add he is posting, and using their media to advertise his "trip" with a few links to the threads highlighting how he has ripped people off .... I am sure GMBN will issue a pleasant email to him.

Reality is that he hasn't actually done anything illegal ito usage, just reshared their social content. Isn't even really advertising a trip "hopefuly" isn't even an indication of planning. There's literally no association between the two, implied or otherwise. So I don't see why GMBN would bother with this. 
Anyway, quite likely GMBN are aware of this thread though. Well they are.