Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

Two years ago my wife was scammed for R10k.

Took a weeks leave, tracked the guy from KZN to Gauteng.

Went to the Ombudsman, few news paper articles, radio talk shows...very competent SAPS investigator and at the end the person was arrested.

Had to get lawyer, not taking the leave in consideration my expense was way more than the R10k.

I know it was the right thing to do, but be prepared to invest time and do not make the mistake I did that for a few months it occupied our lives.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Vetplant said:

He changes the name so often, trying to stay away from names that get "hot". 

Seems to be Bespoke Adventures right now. 

Tuan. @Tboss. We know that you are reading this. So for your own sake, please just stop all the bullshittery. One day you are going to piss off the wrong person and the consequences are going to be..., well, let's just say, painful.

wrong handle. @T_Boss is what he was using last year, and was last seen viewing this thread on Friday, but not commenting.

I guess he could still logged out and viewing anonymously.

@Nick we have potential fraudster here, le hub going to block him as he's still trading?

also under this tour he's listed as a BikeHub sponsor 

Edited by Shebeen

3 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

wrong handle. @T_Boss is what he was using last year, and was last seen viewing this thread on Friday, but not commenting.

@Nick we have potential fraudster here, le hub going to block him as he's still trading?

Apologies to @Tbossthen, my bad.

I concur with Shebeen on this Nick. Please look into the history of this individual and whether you want to grant him a platform to continue conning people.

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Apologies to @Tbossthen, my bad.

I concur with Shebeen on this Nick. Please look into the history of this individual and whether you want to grant him a platform to continue conning people.

I've got a different take on this, ban him from the classifieds, but let him still use the forums. That way we still have a channel to communicate with him and take him out 

38 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

also under this tour he's listed as a BikeHub sponsor 

Matt suspended the account last week.

53 minutes ago, Nick said:

Matt suspended the account last week.

Any idea if he has created a new account, perhaps same IP address? i just get a feeling that he is the type pf guy who wants to see this thread and whats happening, Like Friday he was here all day reading the comments but obviously not ballsy enough to respond, Just get a feeling he is like those criminals who go back to view their own crime scene, or is there no way of tracking the new members since his was suspended?

17 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Any idea if he has created a new account, perhaps same IP address? i just get a feeling that he is the type pf guy who wants to see this thread and whats happening, Like Friday he was here all day reading the comments but obviously not ballsy enough to respond, Just get a feeling he is like those criminals who go back to view their own crime scene, or is there no way of tracking the new members since his was suspended?

He can view this without logging in too. No way you can stop him from seeing these posts, practically.

But Bikehub members can keep tabs on any adverts relating to Bike Tours and just scrutinize them carefully. I'm sure the Mods will happily remove suspicious adverts.

9 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

He can view this without logging in too. No way you can stop him from seeing these posts, practically.

But Bikehub members can keep tabs on any adverts relating to Bike Tours and just scrutinize them carefully. I'm sure the Mods will happily remove suspicious adverts.

Yeah I see so, he is most likely doing just that then.

I hope that scamsters like this won't affect the really good guys who arrange rides, rentals and tours and who have done a fantastic job for years. I know that they have had a hard time the past year with a lot of their business that dried up together with the tourist drought. There are a couple of longstanding Hubbers in that category. People who have been good, honest and brought great cycling fun to many of their clients. I won't name names here, because I don't even want their good names on a thread like this, but if you consider getting someone organize a ride for you in the Western Cape, feel free to ask and many of us will share the names of the good guys freely. 

On 6/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, Patchelicious said:

Sorry to hear, this is kuk. 

Please report to the police.

This is part of our civic duty to protect others from the same fate.

Far too many of us get scammed with far too little consequence for the scamsters. 

have you ever heard about anyone that was scammed where the scammer was ever caught or faced charges of any sort ? It makes me so mad, but also even if we get mad, nothing is done because our law system will cost you more than the item, event or investment opportunity you tried and.

We always/mostly just accept it because who has 20 hours to stand in lines and who has days to set apart to even try and accuse  someone ?

So I am also totally for the justification of scammers but we will need some other method of approaching/addressing the issue of scammers. 

and this situation sounds horrid with the oak leaving a team in the middle of nowhere and afterwards still running and getting other people afterwards.