Jump to content

Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”


DeniseD
 Share

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Zarras said:

have you ever heard about anyone that was scammed where the scammer was ever caught or faced charges of any sort ? It makes me so mad, but also even if we get mad, nothing is done because our law system will cost you more than the item, event or investment opportunity you tried and.

We always/mostly just accept it because who has 20 hours to stand in lines and who has days to set apart to even try and accuse  someone ?

So I am also totally for the justification of scammers but we will need some other method of approaching/addressing the issue of scammers. 

and this situation sounds horrid with the oak leaving a team in the middle of nowhere and afterwards still running and getting other people afterwards. 

 

Yes, on a few occasions when the victims laid charges and followed them through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Zarras said:

have you ever heard about anyone that was scammed where the scammer was ever caught or faced charges of any sort ? It makes me so mad, but also even if we get mad, nothing is done because our law system will cost you more than the item, event or investment opportunity you tried and.

We always/mostly just accept it because who has 20 hours to stand in lines and who has days to set apart to even try and accuse  someone ?

So I am also totally for the justification of scammers but we will need some other method of approaching/addressing the issue of scammers. 

and this situation sounds horrid with the oak leaving a team in the middle of nowhere and afterwards still running and getting other people afterwards. 

 

I was scammed and was successful in having the scammer prosecuted. I opted to only open a criminal case. It didn't cost me a cent but it did cost a lot of my time.

The result was well worth it and part of the sentencing includes the scammer having to repay me in full or face jail time. My amount was way too big to pursue via the Small Claims Court.

DeniseD, I know you mentioned you have legal assistance already but you're welcome to contact me privately if you'd like some advice on opening a fraud case. You can open a civil as well as a criminal case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dibles said:

I was scammed and was successful in having the scammer prosecuted. I opted to only open a criminal case. It didn't cost me a cent but it did cost a lot of my time.

The result was well worth it and part of the sentencing includes the scammer having to repay me in full or face jail time. My amount was way too big to pursue via the Small Claims Court.

DeniseD, I know you mentioned you have legal assistance already but you're welcome to contact me privately if you'd like some advice on opening a fraud case. You can open a civil as well as a criminal case.

I recall your posts from some time back, I am glad it all came right for you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted a while back about an individual active in our cycling circles who is defrauding people by taking money for trips away, then cancelling or making excuses and thereafter promising refunds which never happen. My attorney has confirmed that such conduct satisfies all the elements of the criminal offence of fraud. A fraud charge has been laid against him and we may also approach the Special Commercial Crimes Unit as his conduct appears quite widespread.

I would like to say a big thank you for the overwhelming response to my last post. I have put together a long list of complainants whose details are being shared with the SAPS. If there are others out there who wish to lay their own criminal charges against this operator, my attorney has offered her assistance on a pro bono basis to guide you in the process. If it’s happened to you, you will know who I am referring to.

I am aware that there were individuals, just like myself, who were promised refunds by 24 June 2021. Unsurprisingly, those payments never happened. If there are more of you out there, please let me know and I will be happy to add you to the growing list of witnesses. From the information I have, it appears clear that this modus operandi has been going on for years now under different business names and astonishingly, it is STILL ongoing.

He is still taking bookings, still taking money and still defrauding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DeniseD said:

I posted a while back about an individual active in our cycling circles who is defrauding people by taking money for trips away, then cancelling or making excuses and thereafter promising refunds which never happen. My attorney has confirmed that such conduct satisfies all the elements of the criminal offence of fraud. A fraud charge has been laid against him and we may also approach the Special Commercial Crimes Unit as his conduct appears quite widespread.

I would like to say a big thank you for the overwhelming response to my last post. I have put together a long list of complainants whose details are being shared with the SAPS. If there are others out there who wish to lay their own criminal charges against this operator, my attorney has offered her assistance on a pro bono basis to guide you in the process. If it’s happened to you, you will know who I am referring to.

I am aware that there were individuals, just like myself, who were promised refunds by 24 June 2021. Unsurprisingly, those payments never happened. If there are more of you out there, please let me know and I will be happy to add you to the growing list of witnesses. From the information I have, it appears clear that this modus operandi has been going on for years now under different business names and astonishingly, it is STILL ongoing.

He is still taking bookings, still taking money and still defrauding.

I too was made the promise to be paid by the 24th, via an Acknowledment of Debt letter, suffice to say no such payment has been made. I mailed the culprit, to which he responded by offering me a credit for furture events that he is planning. I have since rsponded informing him that should he not make payment by 30th June, I will take legal action against him.

Edited by CraigCCW
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, CraigCCW said:

I too was made the promise to be paid by the 24th, via an Acknowledment of Debt letter, suffice to say no such payment has been made. I mailed the culprit, to which he responded by offering me a credit for furture events that he is planning. I have since rsponded informing him that should he not make payment by 30th June, I will take legal action against him.

Good luck, Craig! I'll be happy to contribute a statement to your inevitable legal case against him when he doesn't make payment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, CraigCCW said:

I too was made the promise to be paid by the 24th, via an Acknowledment of Debt letter, suffice to say no such payment has been made. I mailed the culprit, to which he responded by offering me a credit for furture events that he is planning. I have since rsponded informing him that should he not make payment by 30th June, I will take legal action against him.

I have had my cancelled trip to the Kalagadi Pans , transferred twice, still no trips, still no money back from Taun

And also he has no insurance, ask those people whose bikes fell off, while he was driving...

Edited by Comrade J
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all. Just a heads up.

Tuan has been known to use multiple accounts on Forums(not really surprising) 

Just be vigilant whether looking at tours and holiday packages. 

@Nick @Matt, I am sure you guys have the necessary tools to look out for such actions. 

Thanks 

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php/344188-Wood-fetching-Leopard-doesn-t-change-his-spots?p=4672022#post4672022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rather comical receiving an invoice from this clown as I never even entered for this event. Where he got my details is the question.

 

 

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 11.38.18.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, xamnam said:

Rather comical receiving an invoice from this clown as I never even entered for this event. Where he got my details is the question.

 

 

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 11.38.18.png

He doesn't even write his own name with a capital letter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

And another one - this chap is obviously very desperate for cash - must be feeling the heat

1788289800_Screenshot2021-07-01at11_52_29.png.f3557a662077555a11a0b1f388fc7eef.png

 

Edited by Matt
Removed private info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout