Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

Was recently at the SAN Parks reservations office near Cresta. I was asking about their opening times and shockingly the dude mentions that it's the last day as the office is shutting down. 
Seems that the staff won't be accommodated elsewhere as there's no capacity.

It really burns my nought when people who are properly accredited and qualified, just trying to do an HONEST day's work, are getting screwed through no fault of their own. Being self employed, much of my income was heavily tied to tourism. 

As much as I can empathise with the situation caused by Covid and lockdown, this oke has been taking the piss, and doing so since 2015, it's an insult to anyone trying to earn a living in tourism and a betrayal of anyone putting in their trust and hard earned income. **** him.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Mailman7412 said:

What pisses me off slightly is photos of myself on the new Africkranks website. Yes our tour went ahead in feb 2021. Yes we were probably lucky, but we never booked anything with africranks

I guess he doesn't have too many other happy customers to post photos of... Just think, you are now the international face of Africranks (or whatever the latest incarnation is called)

Edited by Craai

2 hours ago, Red Robin said:

I also received quite  a 'professional' private message on FB. 

To be fair all spelling and punctuation was correct.....

must be legit then

18 hours ago, Shebeen said:

I wonder if these "Partners and Affiliates" know that they are being associated with criminal activities. Heck, I wonder if they even ever consented to this affiliation, knowing Bewsher's mo. Perhaps a good idea to drop a little message to their legal depts.   

screenie01.jpg.44b4ac352ed91551677064bab9bcbba2.jpg

Edited by Karooryder

32 minutes ago, splat said:

He is heading to Iceland as well, if the Alps is not your thing

(except that he is confused where Dublin and Dubai are on the return leg...)

https://africranks.com/2021/08/10/iceland-all-mountain-epic-ride/

Not that I'm defending him (heck he spelled Reykjavik incorrectly on multiple occasions), but why do you say that? The outbound journey includes Dublin, the return is via Abu Dhabi. No mention of Dubai.

10 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Not that I'm defending him (heck he spelled Reykjavik incorrectly on multiple occasions), but why do you say that? The outbound journey includes Dublin, the return is via Abu Dhabi. No mention of Dubai.

Apologies -  I read too quickly.
Return flights and an overnight stop in Dublin, so I jumped to my own conclusion that Dubai was on the return leg.

I will edit my previous post.

1 hour ago, splat said:

He is heading to Iceland as well, if the Alps is not your thing

https://africranks.com/2021/08/10/iceland-all-mountain-epic-ride/

R49650.00 pp (50% deposit secures your booking, balance due on day of departure – eTickets issued within 48 hours of booking confirmation) ......... should he go looking for firewood (I would assume wood would be req. to keep warm around a nice fire) then these people may have a long walk, sorry long cycle home.

EDIT: 50% deposit on R49,650.00 = R24,825.00 .... x a couple of riders = to decent ZAR.... I wonder if they would get this back should the event not happen.

Edited by Hairy

Ps - can the title of this thread perhaps be changed to include as much info as possible (Bewsher's name, names of different companies etc.) to make it more searchable and visible ito online exposure?

18 hours ago, Red Robin said:

Alas my comments have been deleted 😆

Is it not better to type the comment on your own page, then tag him in to the convo - what do they call it here on the hub when you @Red Robin someone? That way he cant delete your posts from his page? 

Or do I not understand social media correctly? 

The other issue is that you are all to quick to point out the error of his ways, that gives him a chance to make corrections to his postings to make it seem more legit. I know, I know, saying nothing is probably worse, but if he's the smart arse character that everyone believes he is, then it is a strong probability that he is using this forum to correct the errors on his posts - ie: you dont need to be logged into read this thread.

I do suspect that the only way to fix this is literally by mob justice. The local authorities have bigger fish (actually, easier targeted fish) to fry than try to bring this chap to book. Sad, but I also get the feeling that a lot of other crime prevention methods are going this route... #justsayin

4 minutes ago, 117 said:

Is it not better to type the comment on your own page, then tag him in to the convo - what do they call it here on the hub when you @Red Robin someone? That way he cant delete your posts from his page? 

Or do I not understand social media correctly? 

Unfortunately he can still delete and then he blocks. 

Just a pet hate of mine is decent, hard working people getting ripped off but also casting a reluctance to book trips with other reputable tour operators for  fear of it being the same thus potentially affecting livelihoods that have been affected by covid already.  

14 minutes ago, Red Robin said:

Taun is most certainly  reading  the forum post. So let me start with with addressing him. FU Taun.

LOL ... makes me think of this

Russian warship, go f--- yourself': Ukrainian soldier's last words to  Russian troops - YouTube

7 minutes ago, Red Robin said:

Unfortunately he can still delete and then he blocks. 

Just a pet hate of mine is decent, hard working people getting ripped off but also casting a reluctance to book trips with other reputable tour operators for  fear of it being the same thus potentially affecting livelihoods that have been affected by covid already.  

agreed. so going to repost what has happened before incase anyone new is unaware of the full story

was he not banned  by admin?

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/profile/46652-t_boss/

Well for posterity:

image.png.c26852b7a2030b1cd339238912039daa.png

image.png.95e5b76750b8a8ed14cdf01a51b96c28.png

Let's see if and when Reyjkevic and Reyjkavic become Reykjavic.

Lol, perhaps he'll read this and then decide not to fix it, so as to give the impression he isn't reading this. Whatever... I don't mind if I'm inadvertently providing free spell-checking services. The bigger this thread becomes the more likely it is to be found by prospective clientele.