Shimano factory shut due to C19

NotSoBigBen

Been waiting for a bike since beginning of October last year and not holding hopes  of getting it this year.

That is going to be a bastard with regards to the launch of the new Di2.

I see the new Di2 12speed is being ridden by one or two guys from DSM at the moment.
Not that cycling related stuff ever gets mentioned in the Bikehub unless the importers pay the admins to throw a marketing thread.  hahahhaha

28 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

That is going to be a bastard with regards to the launch of the new Di2.

I see the new Di2 12speed is being ridden by one or two guys from DSM at the moment.
Not that cycling related stuff ever gets mentioned in the Bikehub unless the importers pay the admins to throw a marketing thread.  hahahhaha

We gladly post news of market-relevant new tech at no cost to the local importers. Some of them do pay to promote beyond a free press release. 

Most often the issue is getting the press information in time to publish before 101 international publications have broken the news and threads have sprung up here. We've got good relationships with all the local importers / subsidiaries, but there are times where even they get the embargoed press info quite late relative to international counterparts.

"This morning Shimano send out a statement writing that the production had not restarted. “The lockdown was extended until June 28. Consequently, we also have to extend our Malaysian factory shut down until June 28.” Without doubt this production interruption will result in more delays in deliveries on the global e-bike and bicycle market."

who even knew shimano had a malaysian factory in the first place?

what proportion of it's manufacturing is it even, and are there any products made exclusively? if the answer to those questions is <5% and No , then not much to see here

My understanding is that much of the low to mid end production is in Malaysia but hey if there's northing to see here I hope you get the parts you need when you need them