Cabal - Launch Project X all-road bike

WarwickP

Should they bring it to market?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should they bring it to market?

• Yes
    • No

Interesting posts seen on the Cabal Instagram/Facebook pages, showing an all new gravel/aero bike.

Coming in at 7.8kgs with clearance for 700x40c or 650x2.1, it could be the perfect "do it all bike" for road and light gravel adventures.

Price point seems to be around the 90k mark specced with Sram Force AXS and a gravel specific gravel wheel set.

Will this work in SA?

Project-X-1.jpg

Project-X-6.jpg

Project-X-2.jpg

Project-X-3.jpg

Sure looks good, but I would want clearance for at least 42c to make it truly all-road. I find the volume on most 700x40c just isn't plush enough on my SC Stigmata (on which I managed to fit a 42c on the rear with about 1mm clearance!)

R90k is a good price for AXS build but similar to the Lauf Pure Grit which may be better suited to some of our gravel roads in SA, albeit marginally heavier.

12 minutes ago, Tomik said:

. I find the volume on most 700x40c just isn't plush enough on my SC Stigmata (on which I managed to fit a 42c on the rear with about 1mm clearance!)

Best you stay clear of mud then????

1 hour ago, Tomik said:

Sure looks good, but I would want clearance for at least 42c to make it truly all-road. I find the volume on most 700x40c just isn't plush enough on my SC Stigmata (on which I managed to fit a 42c on the rear with about 1mm clearance!)

R90k is a good price for AXS build but similar to the Lauf Pure Grit which may be better suited to some of our gravel roads in SA, albeit marginally heavier.

Yeah I tend to agree, 40c with clearance upto 45c should be standard for SA. 650b even with MTB tyres is becoming pretty redundant for gravel. 

Helluva nice bike though, they’ve apparently been spending a lot of time on this.

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

Tone down those logos a little and its one sexy looking bike

yea, i wonder what brand it is? Lol

That bike was screaming for black on black. 

1 hour ago, gummibear said:

Best you stay clear of mud then????

Yes, was good weather this weekend for the 2-day 338km mostly-gravel loop of the Overberg. Will go back to 40s if mud is expected. The point is, gravel bikes for local conditions need at least 42's (in my opinion).

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

yea, i wonder what brand it is? Lol

That bike was screaming for black on black. 

charcoal on back would have suited that bikes paint job so well. Even a light grey would be better than in your face white.

3 minutes ago, Mark James said:

Not crazy about the branding on the wheels, but otherwise a lean and mean looking bike! 

Yea that triggers mild OCD for sure

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Yea that triggers mild OCD for sure

I wonder why they decided to not follow the radius of the wheel with the branding

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

charcoal on back would have suited that bikes paint job so well. Even a light grey would be better than in your face white.

Or weave it INTO the carbon????…so when the light catches it just right..you see it

I don't own a gravel bike so if this is on all of them I do apologise for the dumb question, But what are the 2 bolts for on the top tube? Another bottle cage? Special touring type/Gravel top tube bag?

Edited by FootballingCyclist

3 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I don't own a gravel bike so if this is on all of them I do apologise for the dumb question, But what are the 2 bolts for on the top tube? Another bottle cage? Special touring type/Gravel top tube bag?

Don't pretend like you don't have a top tube bag for your snacks...