Bicycles - the slow death of our planet

Just now, I FLY said:

My cars have cambelts and were changed at 120 000kms. My cars are serviced every year regards less of kms travelled. I have worked in preventative maintenance environments my whole adult life and adopt the same approach to my private belongings  - Maintain/Replace before broken.

I was also a driver on the Angolan border for 18 months so preventative maintenance became 2nd nature. Rather get dirty and greasy in camp  than stuck in the middle of the bush waiting for a recovery vehicle.

no worries, many dont realise the time degradation factor

59 minutes ago, ouzo said:

just remember services on cars are time or mileage based

snip

OT: but i have this problem haha.

2016 car only has 50000km on it....but needs to go for its 90000km service in december lol.

should go drive it around the Earth once to probably get some value out of the service i guess

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

well without knowing the author and the context of the extract, as well as knowing the general publics hatred for cyclists, it was very easy to fall in.

The next problem with this extract is that  I've seen it on multiple social media platforms with no context, people are then very quick to pick up on this and use it as an argument against cycling.

I lived in the UK for a number of years so I read text as sarcasm or satire by default. It has it's downsides.