Recommend Mobile app dev courses

ouzo

8 minutes ago, dev null said:

Just my bit of advice.

Be careful of one size fits all platforms like Unity and Xamarin that covers both iOS and Android. Our specific company is moving our mobile apps back to native implementations because of numerous issues.

For Android they are using Kotlin.

Just my 2 cents, whatever it is worth.

Thanks.

Currently trying to learn Swift as I'd like to stick to iOS , but this is proving to be a bit of a challenge fitting the studying in with work.

I'm also finding that certain things are explained better by certain people, so I trundle along on one tutorial, get stuck, try and figure it out and if I get nowhere I head off and try and find another tutorial that explains it differently.

5 hours ago, ouzo said:

Thanks.

Currently trying to learn Swift as I'd like to stick to iOS , but this is proving to be a bit of a challenge fitting the studying in with work.

I'm also finding that certain things are explained better by certain people, so I trundle along on one tutorial, get stuck, try and figure it out and if I get nowhere I head off and try and find another tutorial that explains it differently.

Studying and doing a full-time job is not for the faint-hearted. It is really a challenge but not impossible.

I totally agree with the comment that certain people explain better - that's a fact, I can relate with my Java lecturer on Uni, I actually bought a separate Java course to cover the work.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:33 AM, ouzo said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for mobile app development course, specifically for ios and preferably online

or even some resources to DIY learn 

Hi there 

I’m an iOS developer by profession. 8yrs in the game now. Happy to offer guidance and help. Pop me a DM. 

7 hours ago, dev null said:

Just my bit of advice.

Be careful of one size fits all platforms like Unity and Xamarin that covers both iOS and Android. Our specific company is moving our mobile apps back to native implementations because of numerous issues.

For Android they are using Kotlin.

Just my 2 cents, whatever it is worth.

I wish more companies would see cross-platform development for what they are. Most companies do what you’re did. Go the cross platform route. Realize all the issues and fallacy of “write once deploy everywhere” and “cheaper dev costs” 

Native is and has always been the better solution in most cases. There are use cases for cross platform development. But it’s not often that way.