To the Scott Rider spitting on everyone (Vredehoek Spar).... Seriously?

DuncanDoughnuts

I still think some clarity on whether this person was actually spitting on people and cars would be good. 

As is it sounds like a story I'd more likely find on news24 where the result would be a beaten up/driven into cyclist and we'd be wondering what they did to deserve it. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a lot of effort to go through.

What is going to happen once all the Clouseau's have tracked down the cobra on the scott?

Will people then send him cyber bullying messages on strava or ask him for clarity?

In these situations if you don't address it at the time head on, it's usually best to just let it go. Nothing good can come of cyber stalking/commenting/bullying anyone.

8 hours ago, Jbr said:

After the post where a guy bought a "scratched frame" that ended up toasted I'd be careful before shaming someone based on one single witness (no offense).

I can't really understand from your post if the guy was purposely spitting at peoples face or if just happened to randomly spit in the direction of a car or two, because as unclassy as it is, cars don't get covid. Anyways not defending anyone, just calling for caution, maybe the guy isn't a complete asshole (or maybe he is ;))

It was done on purpose ... he was coming down the road...a white polo had started to pull across the road into the parking , saw him and stopped ... he came past and left a big spray of spit on her window... that where the other couple got some ... then he did the same thing to another car that was double parked next to the pizza shop down the road ... 

If you upset at cars stop and say something... don't go spiting on everyone

Edited by DuncanDoughnuts

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Seems like a lot of effort to go through.

What is going to happen once all the Clouseau's have tracked down the cobra on the scott?

Will people then send him cyber bullying messages on strava or ask him for clarity?

In these situations if you don't address it at the time head on, it's usually best to just let it go. Nothing good can come of cyber stalking/commenting/bullying anyone.

It’s not.

The OP can have the info he/she was seeking.

Not needed, that would make them twats too.

Agreed, but with this OP has an option.

Edited by Patchelicious

You can see what time the ride started and how long it took to get to the specific place, but as far as I know you can't find specifically at what time a segment was completed.

as for flybys it seems most people turned it off during lockdown and never turned it on, most of the time when I want to use it it's not available for the users in question, not sure if it's that or some other reason

1 hour ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

It was done on purpose ... he was coming down the road...a white polo had started to pull across the road into the parking , saw him and stopped ... he came past and left a big spray of spit on her window... that where the other couple got some ... then he did the same thing to another car that was double parked next to the pizza shop down the road ... 

If you upset at cars stop and say something... don't go spiting on everyone

what a scumbag!

45 minutes ago, Jbr said:

You can see what time the ride started and how long it took to get to the specific place, but as far as I know you can't find specifically at what time a segment was completed.

as for flybys it seems most people turned it off during lockdown and never turned it on, most of the time when I want to use it it's not available for the users in question, not sure if it's that or some other reason

Strava turned it off by default

I turned it off at the end of the 5km restriction then back on since ;)

I think the only opportunity to do anything about this repulsive action was unfortunately omitted by Mr doughnuts at the scene of the crime. 

The resulting thread is a bit of a waste of time, and something I hope bikeonlyhub does not turn into now that we can't have useful, relevant conversations. 

6 hours ago, Jbr said:

With all the changes over the past year not so easy to play detective or stalker anymore - doubt anyone will find anything useful on Strava even if the guy is on it.

With Chris / Jewbacca - bit of a pointless excercise at this point anyway, probably should have said something when it happened. Best case now is that we at least have some sort of hub history to go on if the same guy does this again

12 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Lockdown level 3 can do that to a man. ????

I’ve learnt a lot in the past 18 months about us humans. Doesn’t read well to be honest…. (Including myself!) 

1 hour ago, WrightJnr said:

I’ve learnt a lot in the past 18 months about us humans. Doesn’t read well to be honest…. (Including myself!) 

Very true words .... sadly so 

11 minutes ago, copperhead said:

You should get out of the towns and go to the small communities. Different vibe out there. A lot of happiness and gratitude. 

SHHHHHH

we don't want too many city folk coming and ruining the peace....

Permanent work from home means we moved to a farm nearly 8 weeks ago although we have been on and off here for nearly 8 months. Being able to run and cycle and see no other runners, cyclists or dog walkers is amazing. I don't miss the spruit at all. 150km gravel grinds from the door step, private singletrack. Life is good. Time to Dirt factor makes a huge difference in enjoying your exercise. Dogs run off leash without idiots around to ruin it. 

Social distancing is a breeze as well.