To the Scott Rider spitting on everyone (Vredehoek Spar).... Seriously?

DuncanDoughnuts

I was with you all the way on the guy spitting.

But then you lost me when you brought in e-bikes.

Especially when you say he was not on an e-bike.

what relevance does an e-bike have to spitting at all?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rorydewet said:

I was with you all the way on the guy spitting.

But then you lost me when you brought in e-bikes.

Especially when you say he was not on an e-bike.

what relevance does an e-bike have to spitting at all?

I think you missed the irony. The OP owns an eBike. 

Just some info to pass on.

General IQ of population and the world I think has dropped many may points in the last 18 months.

It has happened over the sea and is bound to be some one here that will follow

Criminalisation of transmission of SARS-CoV-2: A
potential challenge to controlling the outbreak in South
Africa

A small portion of the article but still relevant.

South Africa: Deliberate Or Reckless Transmission Of COVID-19 May Have Severe Legal Ramifications

On Wednesday, 24 March 2020, it was reported that a salon owner from KwaZulu-Natal, Ladysmith, breached the rules of home-quarantine and went on with his business as usual at his salon and thus exposing his employees and customers at risk of contracting the virus. It was also reported that criminal charges (for attempted murder) were laid against him, but postponed due to the national lockdown of 21 days. In this example, any customer who visited this relevant salon and thereafter got sick and tested positive for COVID-19 may potentially have a delictual claim against him. The potential claimant will have to prove that the salon owner's wrongful conduct which was either intentional or negligent (fault) has caused harm. Although all these elements will need to be proven, the most likely challenge in succeeding with such a claim will be to prove the element of causation i.e. that the owner caused you to be infected with the virus. This is due to the fact that transmission of the coronavirus is very easy and, unlike most viruses, does not need the exchange of bodily fluids, blood contacts, etc. Albeit this being a probable challenge in such claims, the surrounding circumstances will dictate the outcome of each particular case. If for example, a potential claimant had recently tested for a COVID-19 and his results were negative, subsequently goes to this salon and thereafter falls sick and tests positive for the coronavirus and he proves that he has not been exposed to any of the high risk areas/individuals (abroad and locally). If all factors are considered holistically and, on the balance of preponderance, show that he probably contracted the virus at the said salon, the owner may actually be liable. The success or failure of the claim will, like in any other claim, be determined by the relevant prevailing circumstances.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:29 AM, dave303e said:

SHHHHHH

we don't want too many city folk coming and ruining the peace....

Permanent work from home means we moved to a farm nearly 8 weeks ago although we have been on and off here for nearly 8 months. Being able to run and cycle and see no other runners, cyclists or dog walkers is amazing. I don't miss the spruit at all. 150km gravel grinds from the door step, private singletrack. Life is good. Time to Dirt factor makes a huge difference in enjoying your exercise. Dogs run off leash without idiots around to ruin it. 

Social distancing is a breeze as well.

might as well move to the cape then like all the other smart people

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

might as well move to the cape then like all the other smart people

And pay triple for less because the sheeple all doing it?

I still need to be in jhb once a week for work so being 150km from office is acceptable and we have a lot of family within 20km.

As much as it is a beautiful part of the world, the Cape is very low on the list of places I would like to live anway.

Underberg, Champagne valley, Rhodes, Magoebaskloof, Dullstroom, Sabie and man many more would be preferred to the cape but that is purely personal preference...

18 minutes ago, dave303e said:

And pay triple for less because the sheeple all doing it?

I still need to be in jhb once a week for work so being 150km from office is acceptable and we have a lot of family within 20km.

As much as it is a beautiful part of the world, the Cape is very low on the list of places I would like to live anway.

Underberg, Champagne valley, Rhodes, Magoebaskloof, Dullstroom, Sabie and man many more would be preferred to the cape but that is purely personal preference...

Agree wholeheartedly.

Give me a place in the Drakensberg and I will happily spend my time there. On condition that the immediate family is fairly close-by.