CST Patrol tyres 29x2.25 TR

JM Rides Bikes

6 hours ago, JeanneMichael du Plessis said:

Hi there, does anyone have experience with the CST patrol tyres 29x2.25 TR.

They seem like a good and cost effective alternative to maxxis but very uncommon hence the question.

https://bike-addict.co.za/products/cst-tires-patrol-2-25-29er

TIA

Highly underrated tyre brand in general. They’re decently comparable to anything else in use really. At the price it’s a no brainier.

11 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Highly underrated tyre brand in general. They’re decently comparable to anything else in use really. At the price it’s a no brainier.

AFAIK CST have been making a lot of tyres for other brands for decades, and started their own label in the past few years. they sponsor a pro mtb team if that helps

Is r380 for the wire or kevlar bead with EPS protection? I'd be surprised if the latter as this price would be below cost.

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Is r380 for the wire or kevlar bead with EPS protection? I'd be surprised if the latter as this price would be below cost.

It seems to be with a wire bead or folding bead with EPS puncture protection

55 minutes ago, JeanneMichael du Plessis said:

It seems to be with a wire bead or folding bead with EPS puncture protection

yeah the ad says its available in those configurations but when you add it to the cart it doesn't give you the option of selecting either option so what will the buyer be receiving?

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

AFAIK CST have been making a lot of tyres for other brands for decades, and started their own label in the past few years. they sponsor a pro mtb team if that helps

Yip, similar practice to Chaoyang.

I had a set of their rubber on a 26r Schwinn back in the day, no issues. Kevin Evans raced a bit with them on the SA Raleigh bikes as well. 

They’re a tyre sponsor with a couple of teams, most notably Bart Brentjen’s team CST Pro with local rider Mariske Strauss.

If they work for a WC/Epic environment they’re fine for us easy riders. 

I have some friends who are sponsored by cst, they run patrols and I’m very impressed when watching them. My next set of tyres is definitely going to be cst