Saturday, 25th September 2021
Ground Zero Bike & Trail Park

Facebook Event:

Registration @ 08:00 - 08:30
Race briefing @ 08:45
Riders set off @ 09:00
Racing finished latest @ 14:00
Prize giving @ 16:00

Pre-entries have closed, however late entries will still be accepted on the morning of registration. Late entries are only be payable in cash, and carry an additional charge of R50 (already included in the prices listed below).

Full Enduro - 5 stages between 1-2.5km each, 26km total distance & 1000m elevation)
-R300 for Hillbillies Members
-R350 for Non-Hillbillies Members
Lite Enduro - 3 stages which are less steep & technical, 18km distance & 600m elevation
-R250 for Hillbillies Members
-R300 for non-Hillbillies Members

E-bikes are welcome, although there won't be a separate category for E-bikes. Their results will be slotted into the overall list, but they won't get an official overall position.

There will be a water table which riders will pass on their way to stages 2, 3 & 4.

NB: Indemnity Forms must be signed on the morning of registration. For all entrants younger than 18, their parent or legal guardian must sign on their behalf.

WE21 Advert.jpg

Edited by Christofison
Close pre-entries

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/25/2021 at 2:50 PM, nox1111 said:

Sjo Sjo, will need to get fitter!

On 6/25/2021 at 3:19 PM, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

On 6/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, Bos said:

Whoop whoop, Im there.

After a recce of the route yesterday, there is a good chance that the full race may be closer to 5 stages, 25km and 1100m of climbing.

If you want to have a good time on the more fun/tech trails I would suggest that... rather than entering the Lite category, you enter the Full race, accept a DNF and skip one or two of the longer/flatter/pedally stages. Or if you don't care for your times, just put your race board on backwards, pick and choose which stages you want to do and ride for the fun of it.

Edited by Christofison
grammer

• 1 month later...

We have a new sponsor onboard (Ruwacon) and it looks like iTime Africa will be handling timing duties. All the planning is starting to come together.

Only 5 weeks to go. Get your entry in and that BnB booked. It's going to be an amazing day on the bike.

261100406_WE21AdvertSQ.jpg.72ad12f9e85ea4e0d4d238320ff8d425.jpg

Edited by Christofison

7 minutes ago, Christofison said:

We have a new sponsor onboard (Ruwacon) and it looks like iTime Africa will be handling timing duties. All the planning is starting to come together.

Only 5 weeks to go. Get your entry in and that BnB booked. It's going to be an amazing day on the bike.

261100406_WE21AdvertSQ.jpg.72ad12f9e85ea4e0d4d238320ff8d425.jpg

I hear those iTime okes are dodgey. Something about yellow bikes and the other oke doing a lot of running lately? ????

22 hours ago, Bos said:

So amped for this. Have been putting in the miles as to not die 1000 deaths up to that mast again. 

I'll see if I can move that 'mast climb' a bit earlier in the day, just for you ????

???? ja was struggling a bit there. Francoin was pushing. But somehow still ahead of me ????

So Chris, Friday 17th September is still friggen far out..

Just tell me those high speed rogue sections that scared the shizer out of me while pushing up, is still on the cards? 

I had Saturday at home with the kids and ended up tearing my fork apart in prep for the race as I haven't touched it since. If you have kids and busy life, that counts as the pre race service. It feels so shweet now, And my buildup to this race is officially starting!

1 minute ago, Bos said:

So Chris, Friday 17th September is still friggen far out..

Just tell me those high speed rogue sections that scared the shizer out of me while pushing up, is still on the cards? 

I had Saturday at home with the kids and ended up tearing my fork apart in prep for the race as I haven't touched it since. If you have kids and busy life, that counts as the pre race service. It feels so shweet now, And my buildup to this race is officially starting!

The fresh cut stage we pushed up that ran along the ridge?

That was suuuper fun but the kid who stacked it on those white rocks at the top just before I went put the fear of death in me.. I'm going to miss it this year unfortunately. Bleak.

Last year was epic AND Vic Bay was firing on Sunday Morning before we drove home.

14 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

The fresh cut stage we pushed up that ran along the ridge?

That was suuuper fun but the kid who stacked it on those white rocks at the top just before I went put the fear of death in me.. I'm going to miss it this year unfortunately. Bleak.

Last year was epic AND Vic Bay was firing on Sunday Morning before we drove home.

I'm busy booking accommodation and its either walking distance from the venue to soak up the event, or somewhere at the sea, Vic is not a bad option. 

Those stages were Stage 2 (DMC) and 5 (The 2 Cross) 

I remember dying up the climb to 2.. (after stage one was just a bit of a aperitif, this is where things became real.) There was a point we had to get off and push, and I was like what the heck is this.. and then I heard "Rider"..! and the sickest muted sound of a rider ripping down that grassy grippy high speed track.. Suddenly all the hurt in the pins was forgotten and everyone who witnessed that was filled with adrenalin. The question that flies through the mind is, how fast am I going to allow myself to go!

Stage 5 was much of the same. Some kids thankfully warned us about "a section beyond a pilon where it drops off and gets pretty steep".. Holy molly.. I hit that section going pretty fast and half way down realized I could not stop. Thankfully my line was good and I made it through but the stoke was just unbelievable. 

I'm sure stage 4 will be in there again. (THE DH) but this is speculating. 

The steeps are prime there.... That top section from the cross to the road is basically what I dream of when I imaging riding my bike. 

The steeps at the bottom of stage 4 too.... I get tingly just thinking about it. 

Hopefully that weird rocky section below the road on the cross run is taped off a bit this year. I got helluva lost in there

Yes! That was my undoing on Stage 5 as well. I missed the split, and went what felt like off course. I was having the blinder of my life down the first half, 1s behind Savage, and then I hit ACDC and got lost.. got off eventually before some ladies shouted that I must just keep going.. of well.

#Unfinishedbusiness!

I'm going to have to keep you speculating about the race route for a few more weeks. I'll start dropping some POV stage previews on Instagram from Monday 13th September https://www.instagram.com/christofison/. Study those and it should help you come into the race 'not completely blind'.

Then the course marking is going to be a lot more professional this year. The fact that their is an entry fee this time, has allowed me to stock up on poles, tape, signage etc. It's going to be so sick.

Edited by Christofison