Witfontein Enduro 2021

Christofison

31 minutes ago, Christofison said:

I'm going to have to keep you speculating about the race route for a few more weeks. I'll start dropping some POV stage previews on Instagram from Monday 13th September https://www.instagram.com/christofison/. Study those and it should help you come into the race 'not completely blind'.

Then the course marking is going to be a lot more professional this year. The fact that their is an entry fee this time, has allowed me to stock up on poles, tape, signage etc. It's going to be so sick.

Make it blind, way more fun for all anyway :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Christofison said:

Then the course marking is going to be a lot more professional this year. The fact that their is an entry fee this time, has allowed me to stock up on poles, tape, signage etc. It's going to be so sick.

Dude you deserve a medal for just getting people out there last year, I was seeing double at that stage anyway, and probably @Chewbacca as well! 

1 hour ago, Thermophage said:

Make it blind, way more fun for all anyway :)

100% Blind means its mostly even for all for the serious competitors, like us ????  but more importantly I think it adds to the anticipation and excitement since none of the out of townies, and probably only one or two locals would have ridden it. 

Just building some hype here.????‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Bos said:

Dude you deserve a medal for just getting people out there last year, I was seeing double at that stage anyway, and probably @Chewbacca as well! 

100% Blind means its mostly even for all for the serious competitors, like us ????  but more importantly I think it adds to the anticipation and excitement since none of the out of townies, and probably only one or two locals would have ridden it. 

Just building some hype here.????‍♂️

Yeah dude, making it as blind as possible makes it way more fun for all :)

Look, loads of us know most of the stuff so it's never completely blind, but wish it could be :)

On 8/23/2021 at 9:07 AM, Jewbacca said:

The fresh cut stage we pushed up that ran along the ridge?

That was suuuper fun but the kid who stacked it on those white rocks at the top just before I went put the fear of death in me.. I'm going to miss it this year unfortunately. Bleak.

Last year was epic AND Vic Bay was firing on Sunday Morning before we drove home.

We'll miss you this year bro. You definitely brought the most stoke last year ????

On 8/23/2021 at 1:53 PM, Thermophage said:

Yeah dude, making it as blind as possible makes it way more fun for all :)

Look, loads of us know most of the stuff so it's never completely blind, but wish it could be :)

A few sections will feel quite different with trees having been harvested, plus there may be a few other surprises ???? just don't watch my videos beforehand

14 minutes ago, Christofison said:

We'll miss you this year bro. You definitely brought the most stoke last year ????

The date overlaps with my duties at TheU in Picketberg... I am a sad panda but I will at least be on my bike

Sending all my stoke, whoops and bad riding to you and the event!

Keep it rubber side down everyone

Edited by Jewbacca

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to say it again, super duper bleak to be missing this.

On another serious note, I have a Thule 3 bike rack sitting in George that needs to get to Cape Town. Anyone with a spare tow hitch coming this way? Pretty please............

Here are the final Race Routes:
https://www.trailforks.com/route/witfontein-enduro-2021-full/
https://www.trailforks.com/route/witfontein-enduro-2021-lite/

After negotiations with Cape Nature, it has been decided not to use the Cross DH in the race. Instead, Stage 4 will incorporate Rock 'n Roll.

Then, with the Cross DH not in the race and after some logistical discussions with iTime Africa, we've decided to move stage 1 to be the second last stage of the day for the full category.

Edited by Christofison
Fixed links