Witfontein Enduro 2021

Christofison

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting super amped for this!

Leaving in the morning, will try recon some stages tomorrow afternoon. Thinking 1 and 4. Were staying around the corner from the trailpark.

Chris, do we need day permits for this, and are they available at Solidground bikepark?

7 minutes ago, Bos said:

Leaving in the morning, will try recon some stages tomorrow afternoon. Thinking 1 and 4. Were staying around the corner from the trailpark.

Chris, do we need day permits for this, and are they available at Solidground bikepark?

Heading up at lunchtime...Night ride tonight, some exploration tomorrow ;) TM style and then queue on sat ????

6 hours ago, Bos said:

Bring that stoke here ???? Try check out the top of SP5 as well.

Your day pass for the trails was included in your entry fee, CSA will be charging R40 for a day license (cash only.)

6 hours ago, Thermophage said:

Heading up at lunchtime...Night ride tonight, some exploration tomorrow ;) TM style and then queue on sat ????

Nice ???? go scope those fresh trails.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:59 PM, Christofison said:

Nice ???? go scope those fresh trails.

Dude! Thank you and all organisers involved for the amazing event.

One day I'll learn how to ride a bike in an actual race ????...Maybe

The pre and post ride days though too...Yoh! Love ????

Francoin and I made a plan to come back after loving the raw unmanicured tracks last year. Again, we had such a good time. Ended up doing some recons on the Friday, which were valuable, as there were some nice and tech stuff this year!

On the way up I was thinking to myself, I hope this year isn't a letdown, as last year was just so awesome and would be hard to beat! But behold.. I finished absolutely stoked. Probably because stage 5 had me on the edge and coming down there ended up being so sick, and made up for one or two of the more pedal sections. 

All in all, great day out. The heat got me, on the day, but really enjoyed it and my own local trails seem pretty tame all of a sudden. (sad face) How tasty do those rocks look ;)

IMG-20210924-WA0007.jpg

Edited by Bos

Have to agree with Bos, that last climb had me wondering what I was doing there... Then the last descent I was laughing at myself for how little bike control I had left in my noodle arms while bouncing around on my front wheel.

Super fun, great event! Well done Chris and team!

21 hours ago, Thermophage said:

Dude! Thank you and all organisers involved for the amazing event.

One day I'll learn how to ride a bike in an actual race ????...Maybe

The pre and post ride days though too...Yoh! Love ????

I saw you just chilling and flowing nicely on SP1 (4th stage of the day). Loam Exravaganza 4.0?

18 hours ago, Bos said:

Francoin and I made a plan to come back after loving the raw unmanicured tracks last year. Again, we had such a good time. Ended up doing some recons on the Friday, which were valuable, as there were some nice and tech stuff this year!

On the way up I was thinking to myself, I hope this year isn't a letdown, as last year was just so awesome and would be hard to beat! But behold.. I finished absolutely stoked. Probably because stage 5 had me on the edge and coming down there ended up being so sick, and made up for one or two of the more pedal sections. 

All in all, great day out. The heat got me, on the day, but really enjoyed it and my own local trails seem pretty tame all of a sudden. (sad face) How tasty do those rocks look ;)

IMG-20210924-WA0007.jpg

Stoked to have been able to build new sections to include some proper gnar this year. Hopefully by next year we'll build one more, to tip the gradient just a bit deeper into the negative numbers.

17 hours ago, nox1111 said:

Have to agree with Bos, that last climb had me wondering what I was doing there... Then the last descent I was laughing at myself for how little bike control I had left in my noodle arms while bouncing around on my front wheel.

Super fun, great event! Well done Chris and team!

Thanks dude. It was a good 5km less distance and 200m less climbing than last years race. It was the heat that was not so kind on us. My wife recorded 35°C when she packed up the water table at 12.

Edited by Christofison

1 hour ago, Christofison said:

Thanks dude. It was a good 5km less distance and 200m less climbing than last years race. It was the heat that was not so kind on us. My wife recorded 35°C when she packed up the water table at 12.

Aish 35! No wonder. I thought it was like 28C and just not use to any heat..

Legit...the trail builders in CT could learn a WHOLE lot from the people who built and are building trails in George.

The amount of progression they allow for is amazing and none of this "if it's too easy just go faster" nonsense either. 

Multiple lines, catch berms where needed, no filling in of rock gardens, off camber sections, steep and tight sections, and things flow great without making every corner a berm. Actually the trail that flowed least well was the lower section of Stukke which was bermiest ????

Seriously seriously well done. They were amazing when i lived there 10 years ago and they will remain, for me, the best trails in the WC by some margin.

• 3 months later...

Make sure you're in George for the Witfontein Enduro 2022, over the long weekend of the 6-9th of August. This will be the third stop of the SA National Enduro Cup Series. It's going to be a good one!

WE22 Advert SQ.jpg

• 4 months later...