Rapide - Service Excellence

_C50_

I would just like to give a massive shout out to Wayne from Rapide for his incredible service. 

I have been using the Rapide TF:135 saddle for a while now, on my road and mountain bike. Last year during The Munga I had a pretty bad crash which resulted in me breaking my saddle - the rail broke out of the saddle on the one side. Was pretty interesting riding 900km's with a busted saddle.

Parked the bike when I got home and left it alone for a few months. Eventually decided to start riding the mtb again and replaced the saddle with a spare one I had. After a few rides I noticed something was not right with the saddle. Inspecting the saddle I noticed that it broke on the one side of the cutt-out.

Yesterday I gave Wayne a call telling him what had happened. Took a photo and mailed it off to him. He told me he would replace the saddle, no problem. At the same time I ordered another one and a handle bar. That was yesterday - this morning the courier delivered my order including the replacement saddle in Cape Town. 

Thank you Wayne! :thumbup:

The problem I have with Rapide products and their service is the following:. I don't have enough Rapide products and I don't get to experience there customer service enough.

one can easily tell people to use the search function to find the many Rapide appreciation threads, but the more there are the better because Wayne and Co are top notch and deserve all the repeat threads imo.  

42 minutes ago, MORNE said:

one can easily tell people to use the search function to find the many Rapide appreciation threads, but the more there are the better because Wayne and Co are top notch and deserve all the repeat threads imo.  

True. Also thought that it deserves another thread for awesomeness. The more the better.

And here I was wondering just this morning about pulling the trigger with Rapide on a few select parts I am eyeing to upgrade my steed with which is due for some TLC. It's a sign!!!

Wayne's Service is "TOP" and the products are also "Not Bad".

The Only problem I have with Rapide is that little sign that says "Out of Stock".

Also Some Products mysteriously disappear from the website from time to time as if the product has been canned.

Once Stock is Purchased they Appear Again.

So Yes "Excellent Service" but Also "Unreliable Stock Levels".

Edited by dasilvarsa

Bought lots off stuff from rapide, crank, chainrings, handlebars, tubeless road wheelset ...great products and speedy service..can't go wrong????????

13 minutes ago, devilliers said:

Bought lots off stuff from rapide, crank, chainrings, handlebars, tubeless road wheelset ...great products and speedy service..can't go wrong????????

Service is unrivaled - bought a few things recently and will definitely recommend them 

• 2 months later...

Shockingly brilliant service from both Rapide and Courrier Guy...Ordered and paid for my stuff yesterday at around 3pm....It was collected and delivered to me (in an outlying area from JHB) a few minutes ago (expected delivery Monday)....During the process Rapide keeps you up to date on the parcel....

I wish a certain company that handles bike warranties had the same practice and courrier...I would have been good to go for a ride now!????

Edited by Mojoman

• 4 months later...

Another shout out to Rapide for excellent service . Order placed on Monday delivered to me in the sticks by lunch on Wednesday . Each part neatly wrapped . Neat . Unlike some of the bigger ones “ we only despatch once a week”. Service like this creates brand loyalty .

• 6 months later...

Every time I deal with Rapide I have to come on here and give them a punt

Once again outstanding service 

Ordered yesterday @ 4:30pm delivered today @ 3:00 pm - Thanx Wayne 

These guys started with a level of service and its never dropped - only improved, only if all businesses were like this the world would be a better place

100% agree with all the above, Rapide provides rapid(e) delivery and great quality parts! 🤘

...a while back I ordered some stuff from Rapide early one morning (it must have been around 6-7 AM) and I received my order that same day, just after lunch.

Can't beat that for service!

Yup, same here. My bike is littered with Rapide stuff, to the point where Wayne has become my LBS / mechanic even though there are 5+ shops closer to me that are reputable.

Always great service, eager to help, great quality parts and anyone that rides a random mix of gravel/rigid/singlespeed bikes where they shouldn't be ridden is always fun to chat to.

The quality of his stuff, man! Back in the days when there were no wide range cassettes he offered an upgrade to 10sp cassettes to a 42.

I bought one and used it for quite some time but then cassettes became available and 11sp of course and the rest of the dinner plate cassette story is history

The reason for my post is some may remember I got a 10sp 11-50 cassette I put on my gravel bike but even with a Rapide extender it 'worked' but was really pushing the limits of the derailleur. With some advice from Grumpy at The Workshop decided to go with something a bit smaller for the GT100 miler tomorrow. But hey I need it pronto!

Remembered I had this 'Gearhead 42' in my bike boxes and was sure I had an old 11-36 cassette knocking about. Unlike before I didn't remove the 15/17 and replace it with a 16 which we did then also from Wayne of course, I left the 11 off (used a 12 lock ring naturally) so now I have a 12-42 but keeping in mind it has a 42 chain ring. The jumps between gears is way way better and the shifting is 100%

IMG-20220729-WA0000.jpg