FRUSTRATION!!

MichH

So, Saturday afternoon I head off to dad's house - time to finish building the Scott.

For those who don't know, I bought a Scott Genius MC50 with Mavic rims from the Hub a couple of months ago. I've now gathered a RockShox Tora for the front, as well as XT drivetrain and hydraulic brakes. I also got sent the new bling XTR shifters 'coz the XT shifters were out of stock!

Anyway, so back to the story... When I got there, dad was finishing with the brakes, heck I've even got brand new quick releases, man this bike is going to look nice! We start fitting the cables and housings, when we realise that we don't have 4 little plastic thingies for where the housings go into the shifters!! After phoning around, we drive out and get some from a friend, back to the task at hand.

We start running the housing for the rear derailleur, working out how long it needs to be, when we realise that it is a good 30cm too short! On a Saturday afternoon at 5:30 with no hope of getting more.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

The worst part is that I'm busy on conference all next weekend, so my first chance to ride it will be the 12th November. Sob!

So I sucked it up, thanked my dad for putting so much time into the building up, and went home. At least I went for a 30km ride at NF on my trusty hardtail on Sunday!

MichH, remember that Cajees at Princess Xing are open until 1pm on Sundays . You might not get the best service or price but if it's an emergency, why not try them.

MichH (or other hubbers) As far as I have it the new XTR has "quicker" shifting (like XRam) With XYR shifters and the M760 or M761 XT rear derraileur will my Derraileur have the same features???? It might be worth while using the XTR shifters then???? Can anybody help.

MichH where did you buy if I may ask???? Its UPGRADE TIME for the tandem again!!!!!!

MichH if you think you are frustrated then listen here. I told myself that I can only buy a MTB as soon as my knee feels 99%. For the past month it is about 97% (almost no discomfort). I don't want to buy a bike and something happens to my knee and then I have to sell 2 bikes.

Oh Mampara, it's stories of other people's pain that makes me feel so much better!

Just kidding, hope the knee gets better fast so you can come play with me and the new bike!

hey mampara, just let the knee get better 100% while i let my collarbone and everything else recover... then at least there'll be one other cyclist out there who's not got better while my muscles have wasted away!!! Evil%20Smile

michH, just remember my offer... my thudbuster is collecting dust instead of dirt for the next couple of months so while your full susser is being built you can use it!

Slowpoke, I'm taking off the few days between xmas and new-year and are planning to be in the dirt the whole time. Will be playing at all the local MTB parks those few days. So you have to nurture those injuries because you have to show me where all these park are.

mampara, i'm also off between xmas and new year - was planning to ride every day... now i dunno if i'll be able to Cry and THAT is pure frustration!