Where to get solid black water bottles, for aesthetic reasons

andreas17777

Hi, looking for black water bottles with almost no branding. Have anyone seen  these?

Edited by andreas17777

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Danger: you might grow a little petri dish of microbes inside that you can't see. Worth it for the aesthetics.

I'd suggest rinsing your bottles and storing them in the deep freeze until used.

Been doing this for ages with my bottles and Camelback

Some interesting, but non-validated, information:

Was listening to a March 2021 TR podcast this morning; Amber mentioned that water bottles are regulated (design). The lid is supposed to easily detach from the bottle in the event it falls from the bike. If a bike rides over it, the lids should pop off and the contents discarded. Makes sense as it prevents hitting it like a brick.

The nice thing about the Camelbak ones is that you squeeze it and the contents squirt out. Not sure about the Tacx bottles, which a number of teams use.

1 hour ago, andreas17777 said:

Hi, looking for black water bottles with almost no branding. Have anyone seen  these?

I have black PowerBar bottles which are quite expensive but great and the valve does not leak even after a couple of years.There is branding but it does not bother me.Found them at Dischem

Clearly, I am a form follows function type of person, as this is not making a lot of sense to me.

Water needs to stay icy cold for as long as possible...I don't like drinking piss warm water, just as I don't like drinking piss warm beer.

This seems to be counter productive with black water bottles.

I am also the type of person who's kit never match (think of a chameleon on a smartiebox) and I wear baggies on my roadbike.. i don't think it's fair on society to be subjected to my physique in lycra.

What I'm trying to say, and thanks for reading up to this point, is that I am not the correct person to comment on this thread...

6 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

Clearly, I am a form follows function type of person, as this is not making a lot of sense to me.

Water needs to stay icy cold for as long as possible...I don't like drinking piss warm water, just as I don't like drinking piss warm beer.

I am also the type of person who's kit never match (think of a chameleon on a smartiebox) and I wear baggies on my roadbike.. i don't think it's fair on society to be subjected to my physique in lycra.

What I'm trying to say, and thanks for reading up to this point, is that I am not the correct person to comment on this thread...

fully with you on all points. fashion shmashion.

1 hour ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Danger: you might grow a little petri dish of microbes inside that you can't see. Worth it for the aesthetics.

Milton will sort that out. You should use it anyway with all bottles.

15 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

This^^^- even better if it is a free bottle...

I looked at the titan black bottles once, and decided against them because I figured black bottles would warm up my water faster than the clear or red ones. 

Does anyone have actual experience in this though? Is there a noticeable difference?