Where to get solid black water bottles, for aesthetic reasons

andreas17777

1 hour ago, Mountain Bru said:

I looked at the titan black bottles once, and decided against them because I figured black bottles would warm up my water faster than the clear or red ones. 

Does anyone have actual experience in this though? Is there a noticeable difference? 

I have not really noticed a heat difference between my ECC bottles and cadence bottles

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the camelback ones. expensive and I dont like them on a mtb because they mark up real fast and look like you took sandpaper to them and then rubbed them in some dirt. Luckily they were taken off when that bike got stolen lol. I dunno, to me it did actually feel like they warmed up the contents faster. It makes sense afterall.

92D2D51F-A2CC-4BB9-87F3-B38C2049E796.jpeg

1 hour ago, eddy said:

I have black Canyon Tacx ones which I recommend wholeheartedly.

A bit pricey, but I bought two and they came with an Ultimate SLX9.

Did you complete your ensemble with the load road slim saddle bag?

Camelbak insulated bottles work a treat. However, I have a double wall aluminium bottle as well, and that works the best.

15 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

The ECC are pretty black and little branding.

We have a few in our house.

I think Forza also had some similar ones for a while.

They are Tacx Shiva bottles and look like the base for many custom branded bottles around the world.

https://bicyclewaterbottle.com/tacx-shiva-750ml/

Cant seem to find them available online locally

I obviously have some deeply rooted problems I do realise when I read this.

I have two water bottles that I use. One was a freebie Planet Fitness bottle. Granted this one is actually quite horrible but it holds water, doesn't leak and I can drink from it.

My other bottle is branded with the logo of my LBS and is the semi-translucent type. This one I really like but it was way more expensive than the Planet Fitness one at R35.

I've always used free bottles. Function over form. My belief was that if I drop it my only stress will be loss of hydration rather than loss of pricey bottle.

But in over 20 years of riding I am yet to drop a bottle. Go figure.

Anyway I was not of any help, so carry on.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Bottles? You are all peasants who deserve to be shot.

Bidons

As you were

Walk into cyclelab and ask for a bidon. I don’t think they’ll direct you in the right direction.????

19 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

Clearly, I am a form follows function type of person, as this is not making a lot of sense to me.

Water needs to stay icy cold for as long as possible...I don't like drinking piss warm water, just as I don't like drinking piss warm beer.

This seems to be counter productive with black water bottles.

I am also the type of person who's kit never match (think of a chameleon on a smartiebox) and I wear baggies on my roadbike.. i don't think it's fair on society to be subjected to my physique in lycra.

What I'm trying to say, and thanks for reading up to this point, is that I am not the correct person to comment on this thread...

But you seem to forget one of the cardinal rules of roadie riding: "the better you look, the faster you are!"

18 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

I looked at the titan black bottles once, and decided against them because I figured black bottles would warm up my water faster than the clear or red ones. 

Does anyone have actual experience in this though? Is there a noticeable difference? 

Not really

Warm liquids are absorbed easier into the body

18 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

On particularly hot and sunny days bottle colour makes little difference. But in general I've found that clear bottles actually warm up fluids quicker than any solid colour bottles, including black.