Where to get solid black water bottles, for aesthetic reasons

andreas17777

1 minute ago, Danger Dassie said:

On particularly hot and sunny days bottle colour makes little difference. But in general I've found that clear bottles actually warm up fluids quicker than any solid colour bottles, including black.

I thought it was just me that found that with clear bottles. I dont have any black bottles, but I do have some other colours and clear is by far the worst when it comes to warm drinks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Kranswurm said:

Not really

Warm liquids are absorbed easier into the body

Absorption is one factor, but not the only one:

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1113/expphysiol.2006.034223

"The effect of different drink temperatures on the perception of exertion and exercise endurance has not been extensively investigated. Consequently, the purpose of the present study was to examine the effect of drink temperature on fluid intake and endurance during cycling in the heat" 

"It is concluded that a drink at 4◦C during exercise in the heat enhances fluid consumption and improves endurance by acting as a heat sink, attenuating the rise in body temperature and therefore reducing the effects of heat stress"

I guess fluid consumption matters too. A warm energy drink is pretty miff, so I drink less of it, which means that even if it's absorbed better, there's less of it to absorb.

18 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

Did you complete your ensemble with the load road slim saddle bag?

Regrettably, I was precluded from doing so.

It was a perfect Catch 22 as one would only use the Canyon load road slim saddle bag if you were a style icon, but if you were a style icon you would not use an underseat bag.

So there you have it....

14 minutes ago, eddy said:

Regrettably, I was precluded from doing so.

It was a perfect Catch 22 as one would only use the Canyon load road slim saddle bag if you were a style icon, but if you were a style icon you would not use an underseat bag.

So there you have it....

I can see how one would be at an impasse....

19 hours ago, Maniax said:

i have the titan water bottles in black.  love them

They're cheap and work bloody well. Better than most even at 1/4 the price. 

Sandpaper. Done. 

3 hours ago, Jehosefat said:

If your drinks are still cold in non-insulated bottles, your ride was probably way too short for you to need the bottles in the first place.

I dont know, I've had rides where my drink is colder when I get back from the ride than it was before I left.

4 hours ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Sandpaper. Done. 

exactly

4 hours ago, ouzo said:

I dont know, I've had rides where my drink is colder when I get back from the ride than it was before I left.

Fair point, but those are not the rides where you are desperate for a cold drink

18 hours ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Sandpaper. Done. 

What do you do with the sandpaper? 

6 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Just so that it's completely black?

Colour in the branding with black permanent marker 

Might sand bottle too much n the becomes a water filter ????

On 6/24/2021 at 2:33 PM, Frosty said:

Some interesting, but non-validated, information:

Was listening to a March 2021 TR podcast this morning; Amber mentioned that water bottles are regulated (design). The lid is supposed to easily detach from the bottle in the event it falls from the bike. If a bike rides over it, the lids should pop off and the contents discarded. Makes sense as it prevents hitting it like a brick.

Mmm... Geraint Thomas will disagree with this theory based on some trials he conducted last year....

Edited by Underachiever