andreas17777

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, MajG said:

Colour in the branding with black permanent marker 

Might sand bottle too much n the becomes a water filter ????

Best way to do it is with a new Stanley blade. It shaves off the branding and leaves the bottle smooth.

Gently run the blade upright over the branded area like a block plane. 

The only bottles I have ever actually spent money on is the 750ml camelback insulated bottles, because they actually work well at keeping drinks cold for a long time. Use them for rides that I plan to last more than 3.5 hours, and the camelback is used for hydration during the ride. Nice to have some ice cold water at the halfway mark on a blistering hot summer day, amd the branding is pretty subtle. Granted they aren’t black…..

for everything else, free bottles work just fine, and there is virtually a limitless supply. 

I don’t actually think I have bought a t-shirt or a water bottle in the past 3 years….but I fear I may be on the wrong thread here…

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Best way to do it is with a new Stanley blade. It shaves off the branding and leaves the bottle smooth.

Gently run the blade upright over the branded area like a block plane. 

Why??

4 minutes ago, AdventureAndy said:

This whole thread is about the aesthetics around water bottles. The OP wants bottles with no branding on them.

Then buy them without branding for R12 each which seems a lot easier to me

https://www.takealot.com/sasol-750ml-grip-water-bottle-black/PLID53023659?gclid=CjwKCAjww-CGBhALEiwAQzWxOlrKqNNAgI9J1J1eB8_ooOCblFh1M2lkInDIAiPqDH6g5rT4WSv3_BoCAmwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

47 minutes ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Good luck getting that to fit securely in a bottle cage...

Thats just one..if you look there are lots...round ones,thin ones,fat ones,tall ones.....

I've been thinking about doing a custom order of plain bottles from Specialized. Landed price of between R150 - 200. If there are enough people interested?

1 hour ago, DuncanCT said:

I've been thinking about doing a custom order of plain bottles from Specialized. Landed price of between R150 - 200. If there are enough people interested?

BikeHub Bottles!!!!!

9 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Better than sand paper I guess?

It's not for me. I just know that trick from glassing surfboards and foiling fins

Surfing eh? Might you be of the era of my long-ago surfmates Wayne "Kamikaze" Harris or SA team surfer Tim Stocks, who inadvertently surfed a SA Champs heat naked after losing his scants* (with Zig Zag publishing the photo), or Davey Stolk? Davey (spelling his choice) absolutely ripped the biggest ever waves in a J-Bay Classic final, marginally bested by Occhy. We surfed together earlier that day, and a few memorable uncrowded days at Seal Point.

* Tim always enjoyed the telling of him being late for his SA Champs heat when he was one of the faves together with Andrew Carter. Tim arrived too late for a finals heat after enjoying a blunt behind the Gonubie dunes, the same reason why Andrew Carter was fired as SA team captain. Tim rushed out to surf his heat in his heat vest and undies and lost the undies mid-wave. To Zig Zag's eternal credit, they published the photo.

On topic: Black bidons eh?

Edited by justinafrika