Kom

Just received the dreaded "postponed/cancelled" mailer - second year running it doesnt happen ????

They raise a valid point, under current restrictions, outdoor events are limited to 100 people - is the Knysna Cycle tour next to be pushed out only a couple of weeks away?

Press Release

Good day Around The Potters,
Thank you for your patience regarding updates for this year’s event.
As you know, The President’s announcement on Tuesday 15’th June affects our event as our number of participants is well over the Level 3 allowed limit of people at an outdoor gathering (100).

With the suspicion and threat of having even stricter measures implemented, it has become extremely difficult to continue planning, preparing, and hosting ATP 2021.
We are worried that the sharp and recent rise in Covid case numbers around the country and the Swellendam region has such an effect that we can no longer host this event in a manner that is safe for all concerned.

Rider safety is our number one concern, as well as the fact that we must consider the safety of our crew, supporters, service providers and community.
This kind of decision puts everyone under a great deal of stress.
We as organizers want nothing more than for Around The Pot 2021 to go ahead as scheduled and bring you a world class gravel race again, however, under the current circumstances, it is not possible to continue planning for an event that cannot legally, and morally take place.

We assure you that we have not taken this decision lightly and that we have been speaking to all the role players, attempting to find a way around this and have unfortunately come up empty, unless the Lockdown Level was to change and Covid numbers decreased – which of course, we have no certainty or control over.

We truly wish we had a more positive announcement to make, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this will cause you.

ALL entries will automatically carry over to the next event, without any further costs. We are grateful to you for your overwhelming support.

To our sponsors, who continue to back us in what is proving to be another devastating year for all of us as Event Planners, we cannot say thank you enough.
ATP is incredibly grateful to have sponsors who stand behind us through thick and thin and backing us also in this decision.

We are looking at options and a new date will be announced as soon as we can.
Keep up the fitness and stay riding, we look forward to pushing you to your limits soon.
 Stay safe and healthy,
The Around The Pot Team