MTB fitment/ setup help

Good day all,

I bought a 2021 Scott Scale 950 from an online store.

Based on some size guide measurements the Scott website indicated I should get a Large frame which I did.

The bike arrived and now I would like to do a fitment and set it up.

I am isolating at home due Covid and would like to use the time to get my bike ready to go ride. 

Anyone one here who can give me good fitment advice please or direct me to a reputable website with guidance. 

Cheers,

Schalk

Try and get your set up sorted by yourself, you actually learn allot this way, you might get it 80%, then see what changes an actual bike fit does. If you on a large i assume you tall, so above 1.85m i guess. Make sure your saddle height is correct, put saddle in the middle as a start, get it level, make sure your reach to the bars is enough that you not cramped, check if your back is as straight as possible when riding. There are plenty threads with tips here, enjoy trying different things, enjoy your new bike! Maybe get someone to take side on pics of you on the bike, there are a bunch of clever guys here who will be able to spot serious problems off the bat. Did i mention saddle height ???? Enjoy your new bike day today!

Google MyVelo. They do an AI setup based on video footage of you cycling. Only thing is you need a trainer to mount the bike so you can film yourself

Google is your friend , if you want professional help look for a place that does online fitting for now and if it's in your area you can probably go there after the Virus has calmed down for a proper session 

Thanks to all- appreciate the input. I have made good progress with an initial setup which feels comfortable. Looking forward to get out and give it a bash! 

Search the Hub, this question is asked regularly, and more often that not one name comes up .

Richard Baxter 

He is not a "guy at Spez". He is not a bike shop employee doing set-ups part time, he is not some Suzelle DIY  with a website and a calculator, he does not sell or service bicycles, all he does is professionally fit cyclists to their bicycles, and he does it very, very well.

It is no surprise that his name comes up every time someone has a bike fit issue.  He is experienced, meticulous, and truly professional. He has earned his kudos.

He has two studios, one at Dunkeld Cycles and one in the Fourways area and there is a reason why Cape based Epic frontrunners come up for him to do their set-ups.

Call him on 078 295 5037 and go and see him. He will sort you out.

13 hours ago, eddy said:

Search the Hub, this question is asked regularly, and more often that not one name comes up .

Richard Baxter 

He is not a "guy at Spez". He is not a bike shop employee doing set-ups part time, he is not some Suzelle DIY  with a website and a calculator, he does not sell or service bicycles, all he does is professionally fit cyclists to their bicycles, and he does it very, very well.

It is no surprise that his name comes up every time someone has a bike fit issue.  He is experienced, meticulous, and truly professional. He has earned his kudos.

He has two studios, one at Dunkeld Cycles and one in the Fourways area and there is a reason why Cape based Epic frontrunners come up for him to do their set-ups.

Call him on 078 295 5037 and go and see him. He will sort you out.

I can vouch for Richard he is very good I've had a couple setups done with him.