Excellent info. Why we should stop our obsession with weight.

_David_

10 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

it says ceramic-speed on the side..

It makes you faster as well?

Edited by Super Sywurm

13 hours ago, _David_ said:

Very good video, I think most of us older guys know this already but this video can save you a lot of money if you are new to cycling.

There is a missing element to this equation. My local bike shop likes to say: "Buy nice things and you will use them". 

Each person has their own definition of that this means, but i generally find in the bike space that nice things arent cheap. I get that you dont need to chase bike weight as a goal, aero and rolling resistance is everything, but really in the expensive bike space, you can really be cheap for a bike <9.0kgs, and you can be expensive for a bike that weighs >8.5kgs (New Tarmac SL7 Comp at R75k, with AXS Rival weighs 8.5kgs before pedals for instance, but for <R40k you can buy a scott that weighs less than that with rim brakes - the SL7 is a beauty and will sell out, the demand for the perfectly spec'd scott will not be nearly the same).

The point that this video makes is actually quite dated. Somewhere in the youtube universe is a video that is more accurately titled "how to spend the right money for just the correct amount of niceness to enjoy your bike".

33 minutes ago, Kom said:

Somewhere in the youtube universe is a video that is more accurately titled "how to spend the right money for just the correct amount of niceness to enjoy your bike".

This?

14 hours ago, _David_ said:

Very good video, I think most of us older guys know this already but this video can save you a lot of money if you are new to cycling.

Look man, I want to buy things for my bike. "It weighs less" is just the way I justify it. 

Edited by NickGM

13 hours ago, Mark James said:

Really interesting video, and makes me laugh thinking about weight weenies spending R1200 on a 25g bottle cage haha ????

BAH!! bloody heavy 25g bottle cage... Carbonworks 8g or Tune 11g ???? why carry all that extra weight?

Does anybody actually buy anything for weight or aero and expect to get a result they can actually feel/measure in the real world?

I thought ALL bike purchases were emotional decisions to improve "pride of ownership" ????

5 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Does anybody actually buy anything for weight or aero and expect to get a result they can actually feel/measure in the real world?

I thought ALL bike purchases were emotional decisions to improve "pride of ownership" ????

Happiness is a feeling, right?  ????