Titan Bikes

Brad Merrick

Hi everyone. 

Ive been out of the bike market for a long time now. Are titan racing bikes any decent? Used to ride Giant back when I rode. 

Thanks in advance!! 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My current bike is a Cypher Elite and I'm more than happy with it.
Plenty good, the design team is based in Bellville Cape Town where all the design and development is carried out. 
The guy responsible for much of the current iteration of the range has extensive experience in the industry.

Their range of accessories are also damn good quality/performance for the money. 

Best for me. Happy about everything, the accessories, the service, the parts. 5 year transferrable warranty and all. 

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Giant were gigantic Titan are titanic.....

They should be titanium now I think about it

Does this mean that on your first outing if you hit a rock it's going to break in half and sink ????

Value for money, such a horrible statement. Value for money items can suit a purpose, but does that mean you want it.

Things can be good, bad or a rip-off.

I do think the more expensive Titans are actually good

11 hours ago, sirmoun10goat said:

Value for money, such a horrible statement. Value for money items can suit a purpose, but does that mean you want it.

Things can be good, bad or a rip-off.

I do think the more expensive Titans are actually good

Personally I want to have a Titan Racing bike.

I don't like the Titan and Silverback Ranges. (Not very Refined ,Old Fashioned and Shite Resale)

They Selling Reasonably Well because Cheap and Other Brands are not Available because of Covid.

Merida, Giant and Scott 4 Me.

1 hour ago, dasilvarsa said:

I don't like the Titan and Silverback Ranges. (Not very Refined ,Old Fashioned and Shite Resale)

They Selling Reasonably Well because Cheap and Other Brands are not Available because of Covid.

Dan is ek arm gat, want ek het nie eers geld vir `n Titan Racing nie. Wat is goedkoper?

Do like the new Merida 96, will be second on my list.

1 hour ago, dasilvarsa said:

You clearly haven't seen the last few iterations of each respective brand's products. Both Silverback and Titan have a range of excellent bikes, fit for purpose and pretty up to date. 

OP: Titan are a great option. They represent significant value in certain areas, compared to others in the space. This value does not come at the expense of performance and / or quality. 

I had a Titan Drone Comp for a short while before it got stolen and if I had the choice and given the opportunity, I would take exactly the same bike again. 

Nice design and decent spec for price. And local. If you were nit-picking, their weight is probably the biggest disadvantage.  That being said, if I had to replace my Scott RC900 comp, the Cypher RS Elite would be high on the list.