Does stuff like this also bother you?

Grass Muncher

2 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Would it be unfair for persons who buy low and sell high here on a regular basis to possibly have a 1 or 2 hour embargo after an add has been placed whereby they can not purchase.

That would give the regular rider the chance of acting quickly on a deal that would benefit users on this site.

There are many ways to improve the system, but the admins (and judging by the responses in this thread, the average hubber) don't care enough to want to. Fundamentally, it's a question about whether bikehub is a community of cyclists, or purely a marketplace. Seems many are happy with it being a marketplace, with very few rules in place governing behaviour. Simple test - have a look at how many 1 star sellers are still out there doing business with no repercussions. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

There are many ways to improve the system, but the admins (and judging by the responses in this thread, the average hubber) don't care enough to want to. Fundamentally, it's a question about whether bikehub is a community of cyclists, or purely a marketplace. Seems many are happy with it being a marketplace, with very few rules in place governing behaviour. Simple test - have a look at how many 1 star sellers are still out there doing business with no repercussions. 

Matt has been very clear on the hubs direction forward, there has been no foul, as said by another Hubber it seems more sour grapes as why go look for the same bargain 

if makro is selling generators due to load shedding do you phone head office and ask can they hold 1 for you because you get paid on the 31st ????????‍♂️

if a Hubber/buyer can buy something use it/sell it 

willing buyer willing seller

calling ethics into a buy/sell agreement between 2 willing parties (legal) makes no sense

10 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

BUUUUUUUUT, you the guy that bought the WHEELER from cosmo city and said that's all you were going to say............ You mos wanted to re spray it and sell it? What ended up happening to this frame?

I sold the bike as a whole to a guy after servicing it. I baught it for R4k and sold it for R9.5k. I barely made profit, I had to replace the chain, put new tubes in. Pay my friend to put new bearings in the rear hub. Pay my brother to bleed both brakes. 

I baught it from a guy in cosmo city. Where he got it I dont know. Thats not unethical for me to buy the bike. 

21 minutes ago, Grass Muncher said:

I sold the bike as a whole to a guy after servicing it. I baught it for R4k and sold it for R9.5k. I barely made profit, I had to replace the chain, put new tubes in. Pay my friend to put new bearings in the rear hub. Pay my brother to bleed both brakes. 

I baught it from a guy in cosmo city. Where he got it I dont know. Thats not unethical for me to buy the bike. 

It is unethical for your brother to charge you for bleeding the brakes.

43 minutes ago, Grass Muncher said:

I sold the bike as a whole to a guy after servicing it. I baught  BOUGHT it for R4k and sold it for R9.5k. I barely made profit, I had to replace the chain, put new tubes in. Pay my friend to put new bearings in the rear hub. Pay my brother to bleed both brakes. 

I baught BOUGHT it from a guy in cosmo city. Where he got it I dont know. Thats not unethical for me to buy the bike. 

56 minutes ago, Grass Muncher said:

You need a new brother

15 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

This isnt a spelling bee. I havent turned on the auto correct function on my phone. 

21 hours ago, Grass Muncher said:

A younger friend of mine baught a specialized helmet, specialized grips and bartape for next to nothing at a lawnmower shop in Randburg. The owner of the shop told him that they got all the stock from Botswana, everything was ment for development riders in Botswana. I dont know why they have it in their possession and why they sell it for cheap. Its not like its old stock or anything. The whole story sounds unethical to me. 

They had a lot of stock in a picture I saw, so my brother and I went and had a look. There was nothing left when we got there. The owner told us that someone baught everything from them and was going to resell it in his shop or facebook marketplace. 

The same happens here on bikehub. Whenever a good deal comes up, then one of our beloved bikehub tycoons will buy it only to resell it. Ive seen 3 negative reviews before where a seller complains because his bike is being sold for way more than what he originally sold it for. 

Im sure the majority wont agree with me but thats fine. I just want to share with you guys how I feel. 

If a good deal pops up and you only see it after 10 minutes, it’s probably already sold. Same applies to gumtree and marketplace. Yes it sucks and annoys me as well. If you really want to get the good deals, setup alerts so get there first. 

12 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Because previously hubbers were forced to only read/discuss current affairs and topics like this didn't exist? ????

Agree 100% with aquaratza. Think admin can just pin his response at the top and close the thread for further comments.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.... 

I really hope it was...

But if not, flip it must be hard to get anything done with all these people on the internet forcing you to watch their videos and read their articles<-- (This is sarcasm)

43 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.... 

I really hope it was...

But if not, flip it must be hard to get anything done with all these people on the internet forcing you to watch their videos and read their articles<-- (This is sarcasm)

I like how you were not quite sure whether I was sarcastic or not, but still handed out the cyber smack just in case...