Stans announce overhauled MK4 Crest, Arch and Flow rims

Bike Hub Features

Stans have released their fourth generation Crest, Arch and Flow rims featuring updated internal dimensions, an asymmetric profile and a more generous warranty.

Read up on the specifications and local availability below.

View full article

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Bos said:

I think The ARCH should have been at 30mm and the FLOW just a more sturdy version thereof or 35mm...

yeah, 32mm would have been nice for the Flow. They already have a 35mm internal in the guise of the Baron. 

I'd prefer 25mm Flows. I happily run 2.4s on my 23mm 26" flows. My 2.6 Assegai looks too square on my 29mm WTB rims for my liking. 

5 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I'd prefer 25mm Flows. I happily run 2.4s on my 23mm 26" flows. My 2.6 Assegai looks too square on my 29mm WTB rims for my liking. 

Think the widths are spot on. They will probably release the beefier/cheaper S1 version again of the Arch and Flow, that'll make the Arch more "enduro" friendly for those who want to run a narrower rim. 

After having 4 sets (8 rims total) crack around the nipples I doubt that I'll ever ride stans wheels again. I'm sure there are many more who feel the same way...

Really a pitty, I loved they Arch EX mk1 set. Hopefully they fixed that problem.

21 minutes ago, Blokeonabike said:

After having 4 sets (8 rims total) crack around the nipples I doubt that I'll ever ride stans wheels again. I'm sure there are many more who feel the same way...

Really a pitty, I loved they Arch EX mk1 set. Hopefully they fixed that problem.

This is sentiment shared around the world. It's probably why they "beefed" up their warranty clause. 

Well i don't know what their old warranty clause was but maybe this is just a highlighted clause aka marketing strategy.

But yes, I'm the same I had the with mk1's the mk2's did well i think after about 4-5years of daily uses started showing signs of cracks

12 hours ago, babse said:

They already seem to be cranking around the nipples ????

I just popped in to see if they had already started cracking, thanks for checking :)

On 6/29/2021 at 8:49 PM, Meezo said:

This is sentiment shared around the world. It's probably why they "beefed" up their warranty clause. 

Well i don't know what their old warranty clause was but maybe this is just a highlighted clause aka marketing strategy.

But yes, I'm the same I had the with mk1's the mk2's did well i think after about 4-5years of daily uses started showing signs of cracks

Gone thru 3 sets of Flows......always crack around the nipples. Built up a new set AGAIN - last time i am doing this

• 3 months later...