Video: The Ability to Suffer

Bike Hub Features

Having spent several months living and riding around McGregor, watching the video put a smile on my face, and brought a tear to my eye ;) 

Very inspiring story ???? 

As a colored man this makes me happy. Growing up i was told cycling is a white persons sport / recreational activity....just stuck to playing football. ????This exposure to the sport is needed. Amongst those boys could be a World Cup winner. I believed a lie...the lie must not be passed down from generation to generation. Awesome clip! Maybe one day my son can buy his own 50k bike without getting negative frowns from the family...."50k for a bicycle, are you mad?!" ????????

1 minute ago, Trevz said:

As a colored man this makes me happy. Growing up i was told cycling is a white persons sport / recreational activity....just stuck to playing football. ????This exposure to the sport is needed. Amongst those boys could be a World Cup winner. I believed a lie...the lie must not be passed down from generation to generation. Awesome clip! Maybe one day my son can buy his own 50k bike without getting negative frowns from the family...."50k for a bicycle, are you mad?!" ????????

My ballies react the same way to my bikes... I think it might be the standard response from any non-cyclist ????

3 hours ago, Mark James said:

Having spent several months living and riding around McGregor, watching the video put a smile on my face, and brought a tear to my eye ;) 

Very inspiring story ???? 

Thanks Mark - it is a good story......thanks for watching

1 hour ago, Marsh00 said:

The Epic on a single speed ????..... great story, authentic and inspiring. Good luck Fykz and Waxhead.

Better not have another engine failure! Had my first chest pain just after this pic - can u believe it and going up dead mans tree nogal

10 seconds away from first chest pain.jpg

2 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Just spent the weekend up in McGregor and there is some awesome riding there! What an inspiring story. 

Thanks for watching

Edited by Waxhead
duplicate

35 minutes ago, Waxhead said:

Better not have another engine failure! Had my first chest pain just after this pic - can u believe it and going up dead mans tree nogal

my 4k Marelize!! Kudos champ. Single Speed with no shocks.. Must have shoulders of a rugby player and b@alls of steel LOL

Edited by FootballingCyclist

37 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Off topic:

Waxhead your thoughts on our local attemp at a stage race, Trans Augrabies? 

Not sure vwhat u asking here.....I took the Warriors A team up to do TransAugrabies last week - nice event...not technical at all but great scenery . Long drive though!

Grootdors-31.jpg

Trans.jpg

FB_IMG_1567400191890.jpg

45 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Off topic:

Waxhead your thoughts on our local attemp at a stage race, Trans Augrabies? 

I get what u asking ........been in Zooms the whole day!! A good event

Plus: nice gees around tent area, great food , well priced

Not lekker: bladdy long drive to get there

Maybe consider changing: a lot of district road riding...might be difficult for you to adjust that. I look for more technical type riding with decent elevation but that is a personal call. Seems like it should be a gravel type event? Strange weighted seeding concept you have 

Overall very nice and it was great to get out after such a long period of LC

3 minutes ago, Waxhead said:

I get what u asking ........been in Zooms the whole day!! A good event

Plus: nice gees around tent area, great food , well priced 

Not lekker: bladdy long drive to get there

Maybe consider changing: a lot of district road riding...might be difficult for you to adjust that. I look for more technical type riding with decent elevation but that is a personal call. Seems like it should be a gravel type event? Strange weighted seeding concept you have 

Overall very nice and it was great to get out after such a long period of LC

Thanks for the feed back, appreciate.

Not part of the Team, just a cycling enthusiast and fond of our region. 

Do talk to the team a bit and always give my feedback. 

Plus: nice gees around tent area, great food , well priced - Some feel with the accommodation the value is lost

Not lekker: bladdy long drive to get there - only negative point for our region, but perhaps why we love it. 1000km whichever direction you go. Flights unaffordable point!!!

Seems like it should be a gravel type event? - Do not have a gravel bike, the sand sections and corrugation going to be killers.

Strange weighted seeding concept you have  - From day one of the event told them the weighted seeding is off. This seeding comes from a race they did in Portugal, Trans Portugal, that event is times 5 this event on difficulty(length) and therefor the seeding outcome is incorrect.

All the best for the Cape Epic prep.

19 hours ago, Waxhead said:

... glad you're here to tell the story and sharing the love, maybe one day when I'm all grown up...