Argus route for Zwift

Hi

Does anyone have the Argus route file I can export to zwift and use as a training route,if it's possible

Regards 

I don't think you can import routes into Zwift?

There are multiple options available on Rouvy, and it was also on FullGaz (in three parts, mind you) earlier in the year.

I was getting quite excited about the possibility of seeing a custom made Zwift route until I realized it's just the workout and not the actual route ????

2 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Interesting idea... But a terrible way to train. This is the workout of a madman:

image.png.6a65910d7c825408ce636811692d6701.png

Lol yes, I saw the multiple zones , I suppose it's the real life riding variations, pity it's not possible to only import the route with only distance and altitude profile, just seemed a option got the bad weather we are having.  Appreciated!

On 7/1/2021 at 10:41 PM, Rush1 said:

Lol yes, I saw the multiple zones , I suppose it's the real life riding variations, pity it's not possible to only import the route with only distance and altitude profile, just seemed a option got the bad weather we are having.  Appreciated!

If you want to "simulate" racing, zwift races are a much better option. Once your brain switches to "this is a race" mode, they're a lot of fun, and can be brutal. Hardest I've ever pushed myself was in a zwift race. The drafting effect also does a good job of making you manage your power and stay in the bunch. 

But otherwise, basic intervals (5 x 5 minutes, 3 x 8 minutes, etc) are much better for actual training. Following that workout created by the GPX file would add a hell of a lot of fatigue to your legs for very little fitness/strength benefit.

If you want to ride the route, just do a 7 day Fulgaz trial. I've ridden my local Waterfront to Chappies route a few times and it is actually quite fun as you know the hills/landmarks so it feels familiar and can be good training. 

Lots of excellent routes on Fulgaz/Rouvy if you don't need the 'company' of other riders. 

If you are using a Tacx trainer, try the Tacx Training app - you can upload a gpx route file and ride it in a Google Earth type view. The blue dot is me heading north from Umhlanga...

Screenshot_20210704-083911_Gallery.jpg

• 2 weeks later...