New Giant Anthem Prototype

CraigT48

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

If we're lucky NCR chats may be a thing again. sssshhhhh.

the people shall overcome the oppressor......

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

I'd like to meet Kate never mind the Contessa.

Am I allowed to say that or will someone be offended?????

1 minute ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

For those that have no idea what NRS is 

Geometry Details: Giant NRS 2003

hmmmmmm vertical shock

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

hmmmmmm vertical shock

AND only one water bottle in the main triangle with a saving option for one on the downtube where all the poop flies up from the front tyre!

2 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

For those that have no idea what NRS is 

Geometry Details: Giant NRS 2003

Looks like a rubbish bike too..... Only space for 1 cage! ????

1 hour ago, Mountain Bru said:

Flip it sucks to hear that about your "Spez". I was wondering how things were gonna work out with all the current riding conditions. But if half of the local frames are compromised, I get the feeling the foreign imports are going to dominate. 

The way it looks now no local frames will be allowed on the trails and the foreign imported frames will have the run of the bike park all to themselves. And to add insult to injury they won't be able to share a post ride beer either.

1 hour ago, MTBeer said:

I'd like to meet Kate never mind the Contessa.

Am I allowed to say that or will someone be offended?????

Everyone wants to be a spoon there, even if it mean being the little one getting carted around on a bike.

Edited by stefmeister

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Was an observation rather than a complaint.

As an owner of an Anthem, I was expecting a read a little more on this prototype bike and a little less why people are offended about riding with/without a camelbak. Screw what people think and do what makes one happy, or keeps one hydrated.

BTW, one bottle FTW on rides of less than 2.5 hours, or if it's longer and there is an opportunity to top-up on the route.

Nobody here knows anything about the prototype other than what they've read on the net, just like you. Any Giant engineers out there on the Bikehub? No, thought not ???? 

One can NEVER have too many bottles on a bike. NEVER!!!

This is a family member of my in-laws... this ride started in Camp's Bay and Chappies was the turning point... 4 bottles ought to do it ????. That bike is heavier than two e-bikes, I swear. I have to heave when trying to lift it.

image.png.213c85a92c698c6a17a78ea0caf5e341.png

[edit] - I am pretty sure people have finished the Munga with less on their bikes...

Edited by Robbie Stewart

4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Nobody here knows anything about the prototype other than what they've read on the net, just like you. Any Giant engineers out there on the Bikehub? No, thought not ???? 

Not an engineer but I've got the stuff that's under embargo. Sorry but I'm not losing my job right now so you'll have to wait.

4 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

This is a family member of my in-laws... this ride started in Camp's Bay and Chappies was the turning point... 4 bottles ought to do it ????. That bike is heavier than two e-bikes, I swear. I have to heave when trying to lift it.

[edit] - I am pretty sure people have finished the Munga with less on their bikes...

and that weight was BEFORE the water bottles were mounted!

5 hours ago, GHOST FACE said:

Not an engineer but I've got the stuff that's under embargo. Sorry but I'm not losing my job right now so you'll have to wait.

Thats just being selfish ????. You can benefit literally tens of people if you share info here. Is that really not worth losing your job over? 

5 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Appears to also have 4 bags strapped to the bike, but then still felt it necessary to strap a pump to his seat tube? 

More importantly though, that looks like an Anthem to me. This is conclusive proof that having 1 cage on a Anthem is woefully insufficient. Case closed.

Also... bar ends ????

On 7/6/2021 at 12:47 PM, Mountain Bru said:

Lets keep this thread on topic and discuss why station wagons aren't more popular in South Africa? I mean it's literally a mini-fortuner without all the hastle of getting in and out or parking a tank or the crappy fuel economy. How come every second mom dropping her kids off at the school down the road from me is in a fortuner, when a station wagon makes so much more sense?  

If anyone's diesel vehicles economy is much worse than it was when you just got it i can help out. 

Seriously! 

I can either refer you to a dealership that has our products or I can personally assist. 

If i can assist the hubbers i would love to!! 

Edited by Zarras