cyced.co.za

MudLark

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, copperhead said:

Where do you stay? As far as I know they have a shop opposite the little shop they used to have. Or try Facebook facebooking him. His name is Sean something. That is pretty typical of their modus operandi. I will try ride past in the next few days to see what is what.

I'm up in Pretoria. 
I'll give them a week to respond, and then get my pitchfork out ????

In stark contrast to their customer service, I sent Dayle at Lyne Components (on the generic enquiry email address) an email with pics of the dropper, and he responded a few hours later. Lyne's customer service is really on point. They'll definitely be getting more of my money in the future. They're exactly the kind of business I love supporting. 

23 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

I'm up in Pretoria. 
I'll give them a week to respond, and then get my pitchfork out ????

In stark contrast to their customer service, I sent Dayle at Lyne Components (on the generic enquiry email address) an email with pics of the dropper, and he responded a few hours later. Lyne's customer service is really on point. They'll definitely be getting more of my money in the future. They're exactly the kind of business I love supporting. 

lyne are basically my lbs since i live around the corner. ive asked a few favs from wheel boxes to sorting out a wheelset swop from CWC that they(cwc) got wrong. i’ve bought two wheelsets from them,  droppers and holy rails, bars, stems…hell i only need to buy some cranks and i think ill have one of each. They are a awesome group of people and ive never regretted buying anything from them. same with Wayne and co from rapide . Lyne and Rapidé are really awesome examples of local is lekker. there are s few others but these two are the standouts for me.

I have to concur on Lyne being top notch. I ordered a dropper lever mounting bracket and he called me minutes later to apologise that he'd messed up on the stock keep. The item was out of stock and he refunded me immediately. Money was available on my card 48hrs later. I'll always support someone who is that honest and efficient

I sit with the same problem. Can't get hold of him. Sent emails and whatsapp, but no response since 6 August. The nr I have for him is 0607541759.

I would really appreciate if some one can give more detail on this guy

On 8/13/2021 at 5:43 PM, copperhead said:

Where do you stay? As far as I know they have a shop opposite the little shop they used to have. Or try Facebook facebooking him. His name is Sean something. That is pretty typical of their modus operandi. I will try ride past in the next few days to see what is what.

They no longer have their own premises. Bike Mob moved out of the new little shop earlier in this year and went strictly online. Sean continued with the online side and Neville moved on. 

5 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

They no longer have their own premises. Bike Mob moved out of the new little shop earlier in this year and went strictly online. Sean continued with the online side and Neville moved on. 

Thanks, that explains the vacant premises. Had no idea

I see their website doesn't exist anymore. Also removed their FB page. Did he close shop now and left us hanging dry? He owes me R6k!

Edited by Cabous9

thats a bit drastic. Could be a simple issue that will be resolved. Best to get the people talking to find out whats going on so.

failing that then ya well 

6 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

resolved

5 hours ago, Cabous9 said:

Sorted

How did you guys get your issues dealt with?

13 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

How did you guys get your issues dealt with?

No sorry, that was another misunderstanding that was sorted.

Update: Not good news. I got hold of Sean and he informed me that Cyced has closed down and is in liquidation! When I asked about the money owed to me, he said it is out of his hands and is with the auditors now.

So looks like I'm out of pocket, unless its worth it for me to take it further, just don't really know where to start, or what to do.????