Chainreaction cycles shipping

kallie469

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Arrie said:

i have made a purchase on the 5th August and received my order today from DHL (free shipping option). Awesome service from CRC

That's impressive for free shipping option.

A vast improvement from Skynet and Royal Mail where even if you paid premium delivery you still inevitably waited ...

I ordered a wheelset in March opted for the free-shipping took almost 4 weeks to get to me, had to pay the post office guy cash for the vat, last month ordered a Saddle and odd goodies, paid the R280 delivery was in my hands in less than a week.

5 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I ordered a wheelset in March opted for the free-shipping took almost 4 weeks to get to me, had to pay the post office guy cash for the vat, last month ordered a Saddle and odd goodies, paid the R280 delivery was in my hands in less than a week.

That's sounds more like the norm.

Free shipping is usually Royal Mail and SAPO.

I think Arrie got lucky.

I had free shipping a couple of weeks ago, from CRC, came to me via DHL express and took 4 days.

They use DHL express now as Skynet couldn't deliver what they promised.

'Normal' shipping is Royal Mail and SAPO, but the FREE shipping option is DHL express and you need to spend 2500zar or somewhere near there.

6 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I had free shipping a couple of weeks ago, from CRC, came to me via DHL express and took 4 days.

They use DHL express now as Skynet couldn't deliver what they promised.

'Normal' shipping is Royal Mail and SAPO, but the FREE shipping option is DHL express and you need to spend 2500zar or somewhere near there.

This clarity you provided is key, free normal shipping is royal mail/sapo.

Yes. as mentioned and for clarity, you wont get DHL express with a sale under a certain value. As @Jewbacca  alluded to. some stores it’s around 3k…others it’s 6.

most EU stores that use DHL express charge around R400 if your order isn't big enough. So it’s not a ‘free’ shipping option. Stores just offer it as a ‘free’ option once you spend over a certain amount as incentive. DHL express is as premium as it gets in many cases. super efficient,  my last order from the UK was placed on a sunday afternoon and on my doorstep by tuesday. You have to play your part with answering and paying the customs teams though. their online portal makes is super easy and efficient though. 

Once I bought from CRC as a poor poor student so I thought I'd be saving some money. My months of mowing grass, packing shelves got smoked my customs. Ended up paying almost the same value of the items, items sat at the post office until I could pay for them haha. But they did arrive in about a week.

• 3 months later...

Hi All, I ordered a package from CRC... paid for the express shipping thinking it will be sent with DHL but it seems it is with Skynet. 

The order has been on hold now for a few days saying "On Hold - Require Consignee ID/Tax Number". 

I sent them an email asking about this and they said they are waiting for me to send it.... 

Any idea what this?

4 minutes ago, BikingYoda said:

Hi All, I ordered a package from CRC... paid for the express shipping thinking it will be sent with DHL but it seems it is with Skynet. 

The order has been on hold now for a few days saying "On Hold - Require Consignee ID/Tax Number". 

I sent them an email asking about this and they said they are waiting for me to send it.... 

Any idea what this?

You need an importers code or just your ID number in order to have the shipment cleared in your name. 

Just give them your ID number and things will move on from there. 

3 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

You need an importers code or just your ID number in order to have the shipment cleared in your name. 

Just give them your ID number and things will move on from there. 

Thanks @Steady Spin, sent it to them now! Hopefully it gets sorted. 

I ordered a item last week Wednesday via their express service , it was delivered on Tuesday with DHL

Edited by warick_wrx

I also ordered last week and paid a bit extra for the express shipping to "hopefully" get it shipped with DHL... I was quite disappointed when I saw that the tracking number was for Skynet. 

• 1 year later...

Anybody purchase from CRC recently? They dont list the actual service provider with the shipping options anymore and the lead time is double of what use to be.

Last few times I used them it gave me actual DHL express option to select

Still with DHL?

image.png.f1b329f1d731e4658aabe2f2abdf3fe3.png