Authentic Alpina frame?

achmadj

Had one of these frames that was painted by the previous owner... he had a Peugot frame and Alpina frame, I was under the impression this was the Peugot frame... wanted to see the original colour and decals underneath...

cleaning the top layer off I saw a Pearl white paint frame with two tone bright / neon orange edges paint work and revealed this Alpina logo beneath...

this frame does not have the usual Alpina engraving on the support posts just beneath the seat post... 

will clean the rest of the frame in this week and will post more pics ...

any information or guidance will help please ????2AC33ECE-AC05-49EF-984F-8229DE104781.jpeg.6171e34a1d110f076c3ca5faf100a2b2.jpeg

That orange sunburst paint job looks the same as my then-new '80s Alpina, (edit:) can't vouch for green bits.

Edited by justinafrika

7 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

That orange sunburst paint job looks the same as my then-new '80s Alpina, green bits nah.

Green bits could be from the old paint still, will give it another wipe down with some alcohol and see... 

• 6 months later...

Fork crown does not look Alpina and neither the seat stays.

The name ALPINA was engraved at the top of the seat stay