Good Video editing course

AllTerrain

Hi guys. 

I want to start playing around with video editing, trying to make videos people might actually enjoy watching. Because let’s be honest, no one actually enjoys watching raw, unedited go pro footage.

Want to shoot go pro and iPhone footage, ans then put it together into pleasing to watch edited “episodes” from our rides and trips and stuff. 

womderijg if anyone can recommend some good either free or reasonably cheap courses on Udemy or similar? 

Save your money and just watch all the available tutorials on Youtube. 

I learned a lot that way without spending a cent. 

Other option is a free month trial of Skillshare and LinkedIn Learning. 

12 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Save your money and just watch all the available tutorials on Youtube. 

I learned a lot that way without spending a cent. 

Other option is a free month trial of Skillshare and LinkedIn Learning. 

Agreed. So many helpful resources on Youtube, it's easy to get up to speed on how to do basic editing, and then you can ramp it up once you're familiar. I would rather spend the money on some good editing software, and Youtube will point you in the right direction too.

And once you know your basic functions on the software you decide to use, join the Creative Cow forum. This is where you will find more advanced questions and answers from experts and you will be pointed in specific directions for tutorials or explanations about your specific questions.

Thanks guys, makes sense to go ahead on YouTube, but I like the idea of a structured course with some “homework” type projects or assisnmgmets to practice on also. But will start with YouTube. 

YT is filled with learning opportunities, but some channels resonate better than others. I've used YT to learn woodworking, woodturning and guitar the past year and it took me a while to settle on a handful of channels that I 'get' and learn well from.