Sunrace MTB Cassette

WaynejG

10 hours ago, WaynejG said:

Stock seems to be a major issue. Who has stock at a reasonable price? Or is reasonable price asking a bit much in these crazy times we find ourselves?

I have a 11-42 10spd casset but selling as a groupset, Carbon OX jockey and Carbon xx shifter with chain and a used sCixx chainring 32T (not 104BCD)M8000 and the casset 11-42.

R3500

6 minutes ago, Zarras said:

I have a 11-42 10spd casset but selling as a groupset, Carbon OX jockey and Carbon xx shifter with chain and a used sCixx chainring 32T (not 104BCD)M8000 and the casset 11-42.

R3500

I think he is looking for a brand new cassette only. 

2 hours ago, Zarras said:

Hay bro, Bike Hanger Co has XD and HG drivers 11-42spd 11 spd cassets. 

The Hanger Bike Co.
021 855 1106
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1fPSW3dw1AFASTJd7

Thank you but that opens another can of worms as mine is 10 speed so I would need another shifter. I also need to replace the suspension bearings on my Anthem so bucks is spread a bit thin.

Try your local bike shop, you may be lucky with a Shimano cassette. I have just put an 11-42 Shimano on my 10s hardtail. The cassette has an alloy 42 cog but is otherwise all steel. It weights 30g or less more than the Sunrace it replaced. The construction is different to for example an older XT cassette i.e more of a 1 piece so should not damage an alloy freewheel as much as their older stuff. The shifting on this cassette is amazing. 

• 8 months later...

Hi 

Not a sunrace question as per this thread, but you guys seems to know a lot more than me.  I have a eThirteen Cassette (11 speed 9-46) and up front is a 32Tooth.  The cassette has a lot of play where the two parts come together and I have been told its probably due to incorrect assembly after I got bearings replaced a while back and this has now worn away some metal between the parts. The problem is that this cassette is about R4200 to replace which seems a lot more that other cassettes? I dont know if other makes will fit or what other components I might also have to replace if I fit another brand of casette.  

I do like the 9-46 as am not the strongest of cyclist so the 46 suites me. Unless one offcourse make the front cog smaller if you go 11-42?  Not sure if one can as the front cog is already rather small?

Not sure what my options are or if I will have any?

Anny suggestions.

Many thanks

Stefan