Scammer alert

Sampaj

Hi everyone,

I was recently approached 3 separate times, by 3 brand new accounts. Accounts were less than a month old, no ads, no activity. Offering silly money and asking stupid questions on my bike. When contacted via WhatsApp the number had a foreign dialling code. 

Stay vigilant.

1 hour ago, Sampaj said:

Hi everyone,

I was recently approached 3 separate times, by 3 brand new accounts. Accounts were less than a month old, no ads, no activity. Offering silly money and asking stupid questions on my bike. When contacted via WhatsApp the number had a foreign dialling code. 

Stay vigilant.

While we on scammers, don't accept the offer for more money if you deliver today. 

Had a guy on Facebook ask me can he have some parts if he pays extra for delivery, of which i told him no, the delivery is included to the price when it is close enough. 

And i went to deliver and there were 8 oaks with knifes that took all the parts, my phone and garmin watch, luckily the dog was in the front of the car otherwise they would have stolen the car aswell. 

So please be extra vigilant and don't accept delivery to unknowns. 

Have them come look, and if they can't and don't pay then. 

That is unfortunate. 

Edited by Zarras

Yeah i am fine, luckily! 

But i feel like i should have known better. 

It made sense because it was alot of old parts aswell, and it was to a guy that would make sense. 

He would buy the XT 8-9-10spd group sets and old Stain wheels and a old frame and maybe repair bike in the neighborhood or something. 

It was across the road from the Junxtion mall, in Pillippi. 

At the time he just sent me a location on whatsapp with a legitimate looking pfp on his whstapp profil and a status, but i didn't try and call him. 

Which i should have done. 

So when i was about 1km from the Location it felt a bit dodgy and i tried phoning him and the phone went to voicemail. 

But he still replied to the whstapp i sent him. 

So i got to the location and there was a Child that ran to the car and asked me "are you the bicycle parts guy" and obviously i said yes and he said okay i will take you to my father i drove on and followed him about 100m when he stopped and i asked him where his dad is he said he will call him now, and i gpt out of the car and waited and wanted to ask him if he also cycles. 

Next moment a bunch of kids and a almost my age guy (21) runs up to me and starts threatening me and takes my phone and my wallet and takes the cash that was in the wallet, while one oak was struggling with my watch two went to the back of the car and grabbed most of the parts and some other things i had in the car and one opened the front door and that is when they heard the barking dog and started to run. 

I would say the youngest was probably 11 or 9 years old with a knife. Like what even. 

But yeah, insurance did not pay out for my phone because apparently the wrong simcard was in there. 

Credit card and Debit was stolen but they left my wallet luckily. The one oak turned around and asked for my pin and threw me with my wallet. 

So ya.

Please be careful rather meet at a General area or at a police station or something. 

And obviously don't go to Pilippi!