Brave browser issue

BenGraham

So I've discovered that I can't access the forums on the Brave browser. Chrome works but I refuse to use Chrome due to privacy concerns. In Brave I am able to sign in on the front page but as soon as I click through to any other part of the site my nav bar then shows me as needing to login and I am not able to comment on any discussions in the forums since I have to login. So I login and the cycle repeats. I've only tested this on Brave and Chrome as I don't have time for exhaustive tests but this is an issue for me as I do not use Chrome unless I am absolutely forced to. Chromium is great Chrome isn't.

22 minutes ago, BenGraham said:

So I've discovered that I can't access the forums on the Brave browser. Chrome works but I refuse to use Chrome due to privacy concerns. In Brave I am able to sign in on the front page but as soon as I click through to any other part of the site my nav bar then shows me as needing to login and I am not able to comment on any discussions in the forums since I have to login. So I login and the cycle repeats. I've only tested this on Brave and Chrome as I don't have time for exhaustive tests but this is an issue for me as I do not use Chrome unless I am absolutely forced to. Chromium is great Chrome isn't.

I did a test now using Brave Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (x86_64) on MacOS 11.4.

Login across all sections appears to be working. With cookies set to block 3rd party cookies only.

If you're blocking all cookies then login persistence will be an issue. If first party cookies are allowed, then you might just need to clear cookies for bikehub.co.za and try logging in again.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I did a test now using Brave Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (x86_64) on MacOS 11.4.

Login across all sections appears to be working. With cookies set to block 3rd party cookies only.

If you're blocking all cookies then login persistence will be an issue. If first party cookies are allowed, then you might just need to clear cookies for bikehub.co.za and try logging in again.

So it had somehow been added to a list of blocked sites. Which is odd since I explicitly told brave to allow cookies. I even tried logging in with shields down. Weird. But logging out and then removing all references to bikehub cookies as well as deleting all existing cookies and then logging in seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the advice. Seems I was the problem not the site. 

I'm using Brave and had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago.

I deleted the Bikehub favourite shortcut, logged in again, saved the favourite and haven't had an issue since.

12 minutes ago, Thug said:

I'm using Brave and had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago.

I deleted the Bikehub favourite shortcut, logged in again, saved the favourite and haven't had an issue since.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Something changed somewhere. I've never had a problem before yesterday.