DT Swiss 350 vs Hope Pro 4

Jono

DT Swiss 350 vs Hope Pro 4   

102 members have voted

1. 1. For MTB wheelset, if both hub options are available at the same price, which would you go for?

• DT Swiss 350
    • Hope Pro 4

For MTB wheelset, if both hub options are available at the same price, which would you go for?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Hope, if colour matching is your thing. 350 if you're counting grams. Both are noisy. 

Would think Hope's are cheaper to maintain, but could be wrong !

Edited by warick_wrx

Hope...easier to service at home and more engagement points as well as colour options.

Mt 240 has been uber quiet...I no longer believe ppl saying DT are loud. Hope are not obnoxiously loud at all.

Edited by Thermophage

1 minute ago, Thermophage said:

Hope...easier to service at home and more engagement points as well as colour options.

36 point or 54 point ratchet ring is > Hope spring and pawl.

It's also super easy to service. I think both are fit and forget products, both are easy to service, both are good.

I honestly don't think one is better than the other.

If it was me, I would choose DT. Black, less obnoxious vocally and the local dealers offer top level service.

You won't go wrong with either IMHO

Just now, Jewbacca said:

36 point or 54 point ratchet ring is > Hope spring and pawl.

It's also super easy to service. I think both are fit and forget products, both are easy to service, both are good.

I honestly don't think one is better than the other.

If it was me, I would choose DT. Black, less obnoxious vocally and the local dealers offer top level service.

You won't go wrong with either IMHO

Yeah but 350 standard is what, 18 innit and the upgrade is almost 2k on top of the purchased price ????

5 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

Yeah but 350 standard is what, 18 innit and the upgrade is almost 2k on top of the purchased price ????

yeah nah, you can probably get a set of 240s with the ratchet exp from overseas for the same or less than 350s locally (minus that upgrade).

11 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

Is it really? 2k?

That is nuts. 36 ring is awesome for MTB. I have the 54 on my road bike. I'm a fan 

Had many pairs of Hope Hubs and a set of 240s with the 36 rings. 

My theory these days is that 'generic' hubs have caught up with the 'performance' brands to a point where diminishing returns on investment start playing out.

My Lyne rear hub is still spinning perfectly after a fair amount of abuse at a fraction of the cost.

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Is it really? 2k?

That is nuts. 36 ring is awesome for MTB. I have the 54 on my road bike. I'm a fan 

My theory these days is that 'generic' hubs have caught up with the 'performance' brands to a point where diminishing returns on investment start playing out.

My Lyne rear hub is still spinning perfectly after a fair amount of abuse at a fraction of the cost.

well here's the 54t upgrade as example ????

https://getstokedonline.co.za/product/dt-swiss-54t-star-ratchet-set/

Had the Lyne high engagement rear and it's great! I just got a steal on the 240 and grams are grams hey...???? well when your frame is heavy at least.

5 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Is it really? 2k?

You may be right. I have a Rapide boost on my enduro and a Funn on my HT. Both seem to be lasting really well, and if you go Rapide, there are spares and different freehubs available at reasonable prices. 

21 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Is it really? 2k?

Yip, I bought a 54 a while back R1.8k.

I have a rear wheel that has been properly destroyed recently with cracks forming around the spoke nipples and one is pulling out to the point of causing the rim to buckle around it. Which brings me to the point of my question.

I ride techy trails like Hoogekraal Cobra, Contermans Black Rhino, Armageddon at Jonkers etc. and need rims that will not buckle under my riding style. I was wondering if the Rapidé wheels are affective for this, or should I rather look at something like Stans? I don't have wads of cash to throw at the problem. Sadly the rim is end of life (Roval Traverse 28H) so just re-lacing the wheel is not an option. Or do I miss something here? Will another rim suffice? What 28H rims are available out there that will offer some resistance to a buffalo on a bike storming down some janky trail?

7 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I have a rear wheel that has been properly destroyed recently with cracks forming around the spoke nipples and one is pulling out to the point of causing the rim to buckle around it. Which brings me to the point of my question.

I ride techy trails like Hoogekraal Cobra, Contermans Black Rhino, Armageddon at Jonkers etc. and need rims that will not buckle under my riding style. I was wondering if the Rapidé wheels are affective for this, or should I rather look at something like Stans? I don't have wads of cash to throw at the problem. Sadly the rim is end of life (Roval Traverse 28H) so just re-lacing the wheel is not an option. Or do I miss something here? Will another rim suffice? What 28H rims are available out there that will offer some resistance to a buffalo on a bike storming down some janky trail?

The new stans flow mk4 would be my first choice. And its easy to get in 28h 

Spank or DT would be next but slightly more difficult to find in 28h