Which double cab?

Mopkop

people only really post about bad experiences with a car, not about good ones…and since Rangers outnumber any other bakkie 5:1 you will obviously read more reports on Rangers than any other

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, guidodg said:

people only really post about bad experiences with a car, not about good ones…and since Rangers outnumber any other bakkie 5:1 you will obviously read more reports on Rangers than any other

What is the source of your stats ?

9 hours ago, Mopkop said:

The bakkie will be kept for a long time, 10+ years so reliability is a major factor. If I do go Dmax is it worth going auto?

I do plenty city driving and I would love an auto box in mine, but I've gotten used to the regular shifting. I mainly drive around no higher than 4th in town and only find the higher gear on the freeways. Ja it does not have a 6 speed box but I've never felt I missed a gear. I have plenty torque all across the gear ranges and at varying speeds. You will surely not go wrong with either. If you do end up going Dmax is it the current iteration, or are you going to wait for the '22 model, which may be delayed thanks to Covid and lockdown? You may even end up getting a deal on the existing range. I have a 2017 Dteq 250 and its solid.

I even had to tow a bloke out of a ditch last week at Hoogekraal after driving his Fortuner into it. He dropped the front wheels into mud and just sank onto the hubs. I gave him a solid yank and he was loose. All the toyota and ford manne just stood watching. Like I said, beast mode.

10 hours ago, guidodg said:

really , i thought that was the hilux 

On 7/26/2021 at 11:21 AM, coppi said:

2.2 XLT 4X2

Never been a Ford fan, this is my first. Extremely happy with it, NO issues whatsoever............

Thanks for the feedback, never been a Ford fan myself but the Everest is really nice.

Im picking mine up on Friday this week, very excited about that.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:40 AM, Rocket-Boy said:

Yeah dont get the petrol one. I had a neighbor who had the 2.7 and a mate who had the 4.0 both were extremely sad about how expensive they were to run.

I have a 4.0 V6 navara, you very quickly forget about the fuel consumption when you put foot and hear the growl of the V6. It's also pretty quick for a bakkie.