Wahoo Kickr Core making a clicking sound

slickjay007

Hi Everybody,

Maybe somebody can help me with an issue that started with my Kickr Core yesterday

When the trainer starts to spin up there is a clicking noise coming from the flywheel which seems to get worse at low cadence. The chaps from Wahoo support haven't really been great with helping out and only suggest sending the trainer to them for a R900 "service" and if the unit is Ir-repairable then they will do a trade-in.

Now after some Googling i found that this is quite a common fault with the Core and the solution is pretty easy to fix. This is one solution taken from a forum.

"I found my 2 weeks old kickr 2018 making the same noises. I´ve sent a video showing these noises to the wahoo support. They told it was a known problem and that they would send me a small set with parts to fix it with a manual. The parts arrived the next day and they could be changed within 20 min with normal tools. So far there are no clicking noises anymore...I hope that could help you!"

Now is this really a quick fix or am i missing something?

Attached is the video clip i took this morning.

I have a snap and mine made a similar noise but the noise went away on its own. But I doubt that it will be a massive job to fix the noise if it does come up again.