Help: SRAM GX Shifter adjustment

Paul Hunter

Hi All,

I had a little lie down and somehow my thumb lever on the shifter has moved.  When I use it it pushes against the other lever.  How do I adjust it back.  The is a little bolt underneath but not sure if that is used for this purpose.  I have add images to help withthe problem.

Thanks in advance

Paul

20210710_112254.jpg

20210710_121045.jpg

20210710_120955.jpg

it pushes against the other lever cause it's bent , you need to take it off somehow and bend it back or get a new shifter 

the end of your shifter lever is bent. Unfortunately that isn't available as a spare part so either bend it back without breaking t or replace the entre shifter. Perhaps check with your LBS if they have a shift lever from a broken unit

If you do try bend it back, heat the metal with a torch first. Some metals like aluminium will tend to break if bent back, if you heat it there will be a temperature at which it will turn soft and easy to bend allowing you to bend it back without it snapping.

29 minutes ago, Alouette3 said:

If you do try bend it back, heat the metal with a torch first. Some metals like aluminium will tend to break if bent back, if you heat it there will be a temperature at which it will turn soft and easy to bend allowing you to bend it back without it snapping.

rather use an electric heat gun and bend it slowly.