Good affordable bike shop in Somerset West

Allrounder

Plus 1 for Hanger bike co. 

With Williams in Second place.

My history in Somerset West almost dates back as long As Patch.

I bought my first Bicycle from Frenchy Cycles when thy still were in the courtyard of that dodgy little centre That was 1994. Used it to ride to school. Frenchys then moved to Van Der Stel. I’ve bought stuff from Village Cycles as well when they still existed, before they shipped out to stellies. I worked in Maverick Cycles and Helderberg Cycles as a school laaitie (at Helderberg I learned how to negotiate when I had to strong arm the owner to give me a decent wage.) I worked for Malan and his brother briefly again when Mavericks (aka Cycle Addiction ) became Velo Life. Ive also played rugby with the Neethling brothers (fun fact: Andrew played 1st XV rugby, and  he had Boland colours in hockey) I used to race against Henning from Pedalworx when he was still a Merida rep.

Ive had my bike rebuilt a couple of times by Daryn at Williams Bike every time I cracked it or had the suspension serviced. Brilliant mechanic. 

Now my bike goes to the Hanger.

In Somerset West I trust only Daryn (Williams,) Piet (Hanger) and Jonty (Hanger.)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic