Wheels MFG GXP 22/24mm to Shimano 24mm

Steady Spin

So my cranks gave up on me shortly after installing the new GXP standard BB. Sad day indeed. 

Is there a way to change out the bearing on the non drive side to a 44mm so I can use a Shimano crank or are the BBs too different. 

I double checked and I don't have any shims in the BB to remove to make it a 24/24 setup. 

Sad alternative would be sell the BB and buy a new one (so expensive!)

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

So my cranks gave up on me shortly after installing the new GXP standard BB. Sad day indeed. 

Is there a way to change out the bearing on the non drive side to a 44mm so I can use a Shimano crank or are the BBs too different. 

I double checked and I don't have any shims in the BB to remove to make it a 24/24 setup. 

Sad alternative would be sell the BB and buy a new one (so expensive!)

I think its just a smaller bearing? As in 22mm on one side? Can be wrong though. But some of the other ones are sold for the same purpose and include a flanged shim to take up that gap if ypu arent running shimano.

F5A14AC6-1224-43A2-8BCF-AAF2E37CCB16.jpeg

Yup. One bearing measures 24mm and the other 22mm. 

No shims included. Just the spacers and wavy washer.

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

Thanks. 

The bearing itself doesn't have a shim at all. I measured the inside of the bearing itself. 

I see they just use a different inner race in that Enduro bearing. I'd rather have a std SKF or NTN in there with a shim+dust cover over the seal.