Wireless Headphones / Earphones

Zama7

on a related note

I've started doing an online course with many hours of video. Currently I'm using a cheap set of wired in ear headphones, but with the cable being rather short its not the most comfortable.

i'm a cheapskate, so not looking at spending much, but one of the things on the must have list though is that it should have a mic because I'm using a macbook and the handoff feature with my phone makes receiving calls via the laptop a breeze.

But what else should I be putting on my list of must have features ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

But what else should I be putting on my list of must have features ?

Decent noise cancelling.

12 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Decent noise cancelling.

whilst it may be needed in future, I dont think its required right now as I'm doing the course after hours at home, but if I find headphones in my price range with it I'll not be put off them.

I'd recommend getting something that's sweat/water resistant.

I spent about 5 months looking for a pair to fit in my budget, really struggled but eventually found a pair. Battery lasts quite long, really small when in the charging case and fits really lekker. I've also been using them for videos relating my studies and can't be happier.

Skullcandy Dime - R750 

The Aftershokz Aeropex bone has great reviews just not sure how it will work for running, looking for a good all rounder as I also listen to podcast but for this I can always use standard headphones. 

7 hours ago, pedal menace said:

Budget not mentioned - I have Jabra Elite 85t - Holy Mothers!! Sound is incredible, comfortable on the ear (very important), works well with all devices (also has touch control on the earbuds) and battery life very good! I can recommend them! A note though -once snug in the ear and ANC is switched on, it works VERY well and outside sounds very well blocked. You will hear a car honking and loud-ish sounds but general noise blocked. You can disbale ANC or even better - enable passthrough - then outside sounds actually gets played in the ear. Very important to me are earbuds that are sweatproof and these are. 

Work terribly for me! Pittty they labeled as 'active' buds but ALWAYS fall out of my ears. They should have ear hooks or something. And Jabra dont offer any support!! Other than that, fantastic hahaha

1 hour ago, Zama7 said:

The Aftershokz Aeropex bone has great reviews just not sure how it will work for running, looking for a good all rounder as I also listen to podcast but for this I can always use standard headphones. 

Works perfectly for running. I run with mine all the time, and they are fantastic.

8 hours ago, pedal menace said:

Budget not mentioned - I have Jabra Elite 85t - Holy Mothers!! Sound is incredible, comfortable on the ear (very important), works well with all devices (also has touch control on the earbuds) and battery life very good! I can recommend them! A note though -once snug in the ear and ANC is switched on, it works VERY well and outside sounds very well blocked. You will hear a car honking and loud-ish sounds but general noise blocked. You can disbale ANC or even better - enable passthrough - then outside sounds actually gets played in the ear. Very important to me are earbuds that are sweatproof and these are. 

Only ipx4, which isn’t particularly great, and after time it’s likely sweat will get in and ruin these

rather get the 75t actives. I think these are ip67, which is considerably better and unlikely that there will be any sweat penetration. The also have anc

On 7/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, Zama7 said:

I wear them every time I run. They're incredible. I promise you you won't regret it

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys

So my jaybirds are having issues again with my watch so just looking for a new pair or earbuds I can run with. Heard jabra's are generally really good otherwise I was considering standard samsung galaxy buds, anyone used either of these ?

https://www.incredible.co.za/jabra-elite-75t-tws-earphones-titanium-black?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzMGNBhCyARIsANpUkzOjtOSgrNURn8QpNiK-chKjk5epsE5iEic26o3xsRRr6O9zedCSjVgaAtSJEALw_wcB

https://www.incredible.co.za/samsung-galaxy-buds2-black

thanks

id go with the jabra but only because i have only ever heard good things about their products with very limited personal use I can't fairly say something about them day to day.

The Samsung's are oem and well Oem is OEM 

2 hours ago, Zama7 said:

Hey Guys

So my jaybirds are having issues again with my watch so just looking for a new pair or earbuds I can run with. Heard jabra's are generally really good otherwise I was considering standard samsung galaxy buds, anyone used either of these ?

https://www.incredible.co.za/jabra-elite-75t-tws-earphones-titanium-black?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzMGNBhCyARIsANpUkzOjtOSgrNURn8QpNiK-chKjk5epsE5iEic26o3xsRRr6O9zedCSjVgaAtSJEALw_wcB

https://www.incredible.co.za/samsung-galaxy-buds2-black

thanks

My 2c... 4 my ears...

Jabra 75T, great fit (insert and twist), water proof, good base and volume, ANC OK and "pass through" does work, operated by physical button push, functions different between left and right ear.......BUT, I have had issues with 2 x new pairs...first set, case would not charge, returned, second set, buds would not charge, returned. Finally got a set that worked. Used for commuting on cycle path.

Galaxy Buds.....try to get the Buds + version...these come with a changeable fitting "ring" which improves fit, (insert and twist), the newer versions don't have this. Comfortable for long wear, ANC is "OK", touch control which is OK with gloves and big bonus is functions are same for both right and left ear bud, so you can use one side until it is flat then use the other side while the flat one recharges...(I use these for office work online). Case can be wireless charged. Sweat proof. Base and volume a bit on the light side.

Both can connect to 2 devices at once (of course you can only listen to one device at a time!) Charge time is short, use time is long. Fit of the Jabra is better for action sports.

lekka.

Both have  

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly different slant on this topic...my father in law (75) is looking for some over-ear, wireless headphones for Christmas. Our budget as a family is R1,000 on gifts like this....what are the recommendations (a couple I found on google here or is there something better)?

Doesn't have to be sweat proof

In ear is not an option for him

https://www.incredible.co.za/skullcandy-riff-bt-on-ear-black?gclid=Cj0KCQiAqvaNBhDLARIsAH1Pq51nD5LLpFY39MjyGEKUEQaUi1Uym1fDPlR1UM6X5xRTPH4Bk7HK_t8aAoOWEALw_wcB

Sony WH-CH510 Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones

https://www.takealot.com/jbl-t560bt-wireless-bluetooth-on-ear-headphones-with-mic/PLID71932755

Edited by travisza