First Time in Cape Town

DogMTB

20 hours ago, Nick said:

As mentioned, Tokai is the best option if you want the mast climb and fun single track, but an alternative (depending on your preferred flavour) is cross over directly from the La Parada to the Constantia Nek car park and follow the signs. Ride towards town along the side of the mountain. The trails are less technical (for the most part) than Tokai but the views and workout are great. You can turn back at any point or loop around the front of the mountain (up to the blockhouse even) and ride the town and Camps Bay trails. Before heading back to La Parada via Suikerbossie - this bit is tar unfortunately but drop down through the security estate at the top of Suikerbossie for a little bit more dirt fun. The best route and finding the single track can get a bit more difficult to find once you get to the townside of the mountain.

Are day passes available for this route? 

36 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Are day passes available for this route? 

The stretch from Constantia Neck to Newlands Forest is open and an glorious as it always was.

How it is supposed to work is that if you don't have an activity card, then you must have a day pass to ride it, but there is no place at the start for you to buy a day pass as there is no access control. So, if you want to stay legal, you have to buy your ticket from the Tokai entrance, that is the closest place a few kilometres away. Having said that, absolutely NOBODY bothers, because it is an open access area where hikers and dogwalkers do the same, without any form of control.

Another fantastic Table Mountain ride with stupendous views and lots of wow factor, is Never Ending Story on the Camps Bay - Llundudno side. As scenic rides go, that one is hard to beat.

On 7/17/2021 at 8:17 AM, DJR said:

Another fantastic Table Mountain ride with stupendous views and lots of wow factor, is Never Ending Story on the Camps Bay - Llundudno side. As scenic rides go, that one is hard to beat.

Is this the same as the "Missing Link" trail or something completely different?

If so, can you please share access point, etc?

1 hour ago, Chingy182 said:

Is this the same as the "Missing Link" trail or something completely different?

If so, can you please share access point, etc?

Oh my, I've had a brain frazzle! Terrible, must be this Covid thing called brain fog! Yes, it's the same thing! Sorry for the confusion. I called it Never Ending Story once and the name got stuck in the wrong drawer full of the wrong mushy gray matter...............????????