The Road to an Unplanned 3rd Place Munga - 2020

Sam81

Hi All,

I've receive a couple of requests, questions and comments regarding my 3rd place position in 2020.

Will do my best to add as much detail as possible to what I can remember and try to give you the feeling of what we went through on the road.

Please don't give much attention to my grammar or spelling mistakes :) I can't even promise that it will be a good read....maybe I should have posted more pictures in Part 1 to avoid some of the pain some of you will endure for reading this.

I really would like to put some time aside for writing this but can't promise how fast I will be posting Part 2.

Munga Part 1.docx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can motivate just 1 person through my poor writing. It will be all worth it. 

Will do my best to post Part 2 tomorrow. But for now, sleep is priority. ✌️????

Hi Sam

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I'm going to tell you a true story about writing:

Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the author of Life in the Times of Cholera, for which he got a Nobel Prize for literature, was absolutely horrible at spelling and grammar, even in his mother tongue, Spanish. He wrote in his autobiography that it should NEVER deter you from writing, because as long as you have something to say, a story to tell, something to share, there are editors for sorting it out. He also said that he wrote a weekly letter to his mother and that, long after he won the Nobel Prize, she still corrected his mistakes with a red pen and sent it back to him, but that it didn't help.

Perhaps what I am trying to say is this: Your writing is fine, please don't let it deter you from sharing, because you DO have a story to tell!

Looking out for the next chapter!  

Thanks for sharing your experience, awesome account of the event and great to know what keeps you motivated and going...congratulations!!!

Looking forward to the next part....keep it coming!!