The Road to an Unplanned 3rd Place Munga - 2020

Sam81

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiaiai Sam, after reading Part 4 I am now so exhausted I don't think I can go to work.....????

Keep it coming!????

Sam, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.  I bailed on the 2019 event after having bike and GPS issues.  I've had no motivation for Munga until I started reading your story.....Maybe there's a Grit waiting for me in 2022 - the big one is still on the wrong side of a love-hate relationship......Thanks again for taking the time to share our story.  I've needed the motivation......

Great story Sam, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm thoroughly enjoying reading it ???? I was signed up for the 2018 Munga but my planning was rudely derailed by a thyroid cancer scare. Maybe it's time to tick it off the bucket list now that I'm healthy again.

Sam have sent your articles (1, 2, 3 & 4) to a mate (andrew Eve0 who entered twice, got quite a LONG way down the road, but failed to finish either time, to see if I might motivate him to try once more...

(I actually collected him and three others in 2018 or 2019, in the middle of practically nowhere, they all piled in my van and we returned to Cape Town, they were bruised, but unbowed!)

I think he did 2018 and 2019, one of them was with that HECTIC wind that blew, and blew, and blew!

Cheers

Chris

Hi All,

I really appreciate all the comments and I will do my best on Part 5 and 6. 

Work had me occupied so I haven’t started on them as of yet. 

But I promise I will have something over the weekend....

Take care and happy training????????

17 hours ago, Sam81 said:

Hi All,

I really appreciate all the comments and I will do my best on Part 5 and 6. 

Work had me occupied so I haven’t started on them as of yet. 

But I promise I will have something over the weekend....

Take care and happy training????????

No need to rush it,okes are going nowhere

This is awesome. Take your time and make it as good as what you have already given us. 

Thank you I love it 

Sam, there is nothing poor about your writing.

I am enjoying sharing your adventure and journey, and am even more motivated to make my Munga dreams a reality! 
Looking forward to reading the rest.

Edited by Gripen_85